First Review by cj the taniwha

I picked the wrong day to go! - Edit

I ended up here after coming back on the bus from the national Palace Museum to the metro station. It was late by the time I finally found them, around 7 PM. There wasn't a lot left. I found out that this was because Monday was their special discount day, and I had managed to get there on a Monday. I managed to find enough to eat, but there was no tea and not even any water to drink! Their English speaker was very nice though.

Cons: no AC, small

Great place for a Quick Fix - Edit

Turns out that this place has been here for quite a while... around 30 years. I was in the area because it was a childhood neighborhood and we were hungry.

The place is small but it has a steady flow of customers - mainly locals. It serves a pay-by-weight buffet and you can also order off of their menu. The buffet choices are decent (your usual Taiwanese fare) but they are not hot... they're placed on plates on a large table setting and when it's closer to their 'break' time, what they have is what you get - no refills.

All in all, it's a good place for food. Nothing special, but considering the fact that it's still standing, I'd say it's doing well!

Pros: inexpensive, decent array of food

Cheap and yummy! - Edit

Quite a small place, very popular with locals. The atmosphere wasn't special, but it's a good place to grab a quick bite.

4 cows, as I felt the place wasn't very clean.

Pros: Cheap, Tasty, Eat in or take away.

Cons: Could be cleaner

Great cheap buffet - Edit

This is my favourite buffet restaurant in this area, the food is a lot more tasty and flavoursome than any of the other cheap buffet places I have tried in Taipei. Standard pay by weight action, very friendly staff and customers - no English spoken though, but they assured me it was all vegan. My rating is 'good' but seeing as it is better than fair but not very good I gave it 4 cows.

Pros: Cheap, Tasty, Good location

Cons: Some food not so healthy, Greasy, Small

Return to Taipei Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yuan Tong closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2051 times since Aug 2007.