First Review by VeganMush

They opened the restaurant just for us! - Edit

We were trying to desperately find a vegan place to eat at, since it was getting quite late. A tuk tuk driver brought us there just as the staff was leaving, but they opened it again just for us! It is really an oasis in there, beautifully decorated and lovely wooden carvings everywhere, extremely homely.

The food was so very good. We ate there for all of our meals and we tried almost all the dishes, and they were all exremely good. Our fav was the lok lak and the khmer vegetable stew. My boyfriend said it was the best vegan food he ever had in his life, which is something as he is an annoying critic hard to please person!

The staff was really friendly and helpful in our requests to make certain dishes vegan (every item in the menu can be made vegan), understood english very well and was very attentive and accomodating. Eg. Asking us if we wanted hot or cold tea (which is free by the way) 10/10 place, staff and food, its a MUST go.

Pros: Big portions, Many vegan options, Amazing tasting tasting food

Very homely and cozy restaurant - Edit

We are from india and found this restaurant. Our dinner was scrumptious to say the least. Owner was very friendly and had best of food. We gate crashed their bday party yet they didn't mind serving us the best vegan food. Highly recommended

Pros: lots of vegan options or they make it for you. ine

Must visit for all vegetarians! - Edit

I'm from India - where as a vegetarian, you're spoilt for choice. Coming to Cambodia and watching meat cooked at practically every corner/restaurant left me as wide-eyed as the people who had blank faces and a WHY in response to me telling them I was vegetarian.
So my delight at discovering Yuan Sheng knew no bounds.
Their extensive menu meant I could go there for all meals several days in a row.
Freshly cooked, tasty food in large portions for very reasonable prices and an exceptional staff made going the extra bit to this restaurant well worth it!
I tried several restaurants on the Happycow list - but this was my absolute favourite! 5 stars.

Pros: W

Cons: B

An oasis well worth a visit - Edit

We have had lunch at the Yuan Sheng several times already, and were always very satisfied with the dishes, the service and the overall atmosphere at this premise.

The food is made freshly for every dish, it is very tasty and looks appetizing. As pointed out by others before the dishes are Chinese-Khmer style and are served in generous portions. Some dishes come along with mock meat, some with egg noodles or eggs, but we have not found any non-vegetarian dish. Hence, it is a vegetarian - not only veg-friendly - restaurant, as a matter of fact.

The rates are reasonable, in particular compared with those at the tourist places downtown.

The staff is very friendly and attentive, speaks english well and makes the stay a pleasure.

The overall atmosphere is pleasant, as the premise, including kitchen and restrooms, is clean and bright as wells as quiet and relaxing.

Although the restaurant is located a bit away from old town, don't miss the chance to visit. It is only a two- to three-dollar ride with the tuk-tuk from Pub Street. It is situated about 100 meters off Highway 6 in southern direction on the East side of the road.

Summing up, we highly recommend the Yuan Sheng Vegetable Restaurant.

Pros: Delicious food for reasonable rates, Friendly and attentive staff, Clean and bright atmosphere

another great option for vegans in Siem Reap - Edit

Love this place.

Have tried a few dishes but so far the standout dish is 'curry with bread' which is a rich curry soup with mock meat, potatoes and carrots served with fresh baguette.

The mock prawns are interesting and the passion fruit juice was very refreshing!

Some of the noodle dishes use egg noodles so order carefully, they are happy to swap for non egg noodles when required.

Friendly and helpful staff can guide you through the extensive menu to make sure you avoid egg and dairy products.

Well worth a visit!

Pros: friendly, tasty, price

Return to Siem Reap Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yuan Sheng Vegetable Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.