York St Cafe

859-261-9675

738 York St (at 7th), Newport, Kentucky, USA, 41071

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has many vegan choices such as hummus, tabouleh, babaganoush, dirty hummus and more; all clearly marked on menu. Menu changes seasonally. Uses locally sourced ingredients. Is also a performance venue. Garden setting for outdoor seating. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-5:00pm, Tue-Thu 5:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 5:00pm-11:00pm. Closed Sun-Mon.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by SarahBaker

Good food, limited entrees - Edit

We went here bc we saw they had a couple vegan appetizers (hummus, tabouleh, baba ghanoush) and a vegan "faux-let" entree that sounded good. We placed our orders (husband got faux-let, I got vegan summer salad) and our waiter, who was very friendly, came back after we ordered and said they discontinued the faux-let. Well, crap. My husbands vegan but not a big salad guy so we were disappointed but the waiter said the chef could veganize a dish they were testing that night - "eggplant pockets". It was absolutely delicious, and we aren't big eggplant people. Idk if it will become a permanent menu item, but it should! The menu clearly labels vegan or veganizable options, and the restaurant itself is suuuper interesting and quirky. Just wish they had more to offer vegans than 1 entree and salads/apps. Maybe one day. We'd go back though if we were in the area.

Pros: Really bizarre, cool interior, Friendly staff, Tasty food

Cons: Limited vegan entrees

Photo of York St Cafe  by <a href="/members/profile/kjconrad88">kjconrad88</a> <br/>New vegan &#39;eggplant pocket&#39; dish <br/> June 22, 2017  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/63283/272403'>Report</a>

New vegan &#39;eggplant pocket&#39; dish

Photo of York St Cafe  by <a href="/members/profile/kjconrad88">kjconrad88</a> <br/>Hummus & tabouleh appetizers <br/> June 22, 2017  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/63283/272402'>Report</a>

Hummus & tabouleh appetizers

Great Date Night Place - Edit

I love coming here for a romantic date. The server knew what vegan was on my recent date the other night which was refreshing. We ordered the dirty hummus without cheese, the baba ganoush, the tabouleh and a side of broccoli in olive oil (you have to specify no butter). We also sprang for the extra veggies for 3 dollars on two of the apps. I really didn't want the offering that they had for the entree. It was a summer pasta with veggies and I had just had spaghetti for dinner. Plus that is kind of a run of the mill vegan entree dish. Maybe it was good though. My fiance had never been before and he loved all the authentic memorabilia from this old pharmacy turned restaurant. We both loved sharing all the appetizers. I recommend this place for a fancy vegan date when you aren't too focused on being wowed by vegan options. The baba ganoush was my favorite though.

Pros: Babaganoush, romantic and cute, side vegetables

Cons: entree is a veggie pasta dish, no dessert

Return to Newport Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has York St Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.