Yong Indochina Suppenbar

Contact 49-6511453158

Neustraße 39 (at near Kaiserstrasse), Trier, Germany, 54290

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tiny place offering a small Vietnamese food menu with tofu option for the coconut curry soup, bo bun noodle and vegetable salad with ginger dressing, and spring roll-like baguettes (options made vegan on request). Because rice noodle is used, everything is gluten-free. There are also a number of fresh juices, including a fresh limeade made with cane sugar and a ginger and lemon juice drink. Open Tue-Fri 11:30am-3:00pm, Tue-Fri 6:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 11:30am-6:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by Ribaldry

Fresh, tasty Vietnamese food in Trier - Edit

I made a special point of going here when I was in Trier, because I knew that after a couple of cheesy weeks in France, I would want to be eating more vegan food again. (Full disclosure: I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian, but I like to eat vegan much of the time.) I arrived at a bit after 5 p.m. and noticed that the restaurant didn't open until 6, so I had a little Bummel (wander) in the shops further down the street. Right before 6, the restaurant opened and I went in. I noticed when I went in how small the place was, and shortly after I was glad that I went in right at opening time, because there were only 3 other tables, which filled up quickly. The proprietor also cooks much of the food, and there is only 1 other person helping him. They were both very friendly and spoke English as well as German. The ambiance inside is nice and very modern-looking. When I ordered, I didn't have to wait long for food, which was great. My bo bun (rice vermicelli noodle salad with cucumbers, grated carrots, onions, chopped lettuce, mung bean sprouts, and tofu in a light ginger and garlic dressing) was delicious and filling. I had to end up taking away my baguettes (which are like spring rolls). Both of these were made with tofu. The menu is very short, with only 3 choices (coconut curry soup, bo bun, or baguettes), but they can all be made with tofu, making them vegan. The soup and the bo bun are also gluten free, as they use rice noodles. I recommend trying the fresh limeade and the fresh ginger "limonade," which are both excellent complements to the fresh, fragrant food. There is not a lot of vegan food in Trier, so this is a great place to know about. If you don't arrive in time for a seat, they do carry-out/take-out, too. Guten Appetit!

Pros: inexpensive/good value, fresh and delicious, friendly staff

Cons: very small, gets busy quickly

Return to Trier Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yong Indochina Suppenbar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1205 times since Feb 2012.