Yoga-urt

• Vegan-store Veg Store
  • Vegan
818-545-3880

1407 W Kenneth Rd, Glendale, California, USA, 91201

Vegan soft serve and smoothie shop, opened 2015 in Glendale's Kenneth Village. Uses almond milk to make the soft serve. Makes its own gluten-free cones and offers a variety of toppings; also coffee and tea. Open Mon-Thu 12:00pm-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 12:00pm-10:30pm, Sun 12:00pm-10:00pm.

First Review by Snowflakelovee

yum yum yum - Edit

This vegan soft serve/group is great, no strong coconut or other taste, the flavours on offer are really good. It's just a shame it's not self serve if you want complex toppings, but probably more hygienic not

I'm SOOOOO in love with Yoga-Urt!!!!! - Edit

Maybe I've been vegan too long (41 years at this writing), but Yoga-Urt has to be THE BEST ice cream that has ever been created! They make their own almond milk as the base, and they blend cashews into it and this gives the thickest, smoothest, coldest consistency of any ice cream I've ever had! I've been here dozens of times despite the rather expensive price, I tend to purchase their pints to help with the cost but that just gets me fatter while I'm at home (shame on me) lol. It's really addicting. I decided to review them tonight because I first made a visit to Hollywood's Cocobella Creamery for the first time, and I was so disappointed there with their inferior product that I just had to visit Yoga-Urt to make up for it! Now all this being said, Yoga-Urt usually only has 6 flavors a day and most really aren't that good. While the texture is great, most of the flavors don't stand out and are bland. The chocolate and the Strawberry and wonderful but the others need work and mostly taste the same. I bought a pint of the coffee not long ago and there was something wrong with it, ice crystals galore like it had thawed and then re-frozen, and while you can taste the coffee in it, there's something just not right about the taste. Previously, I had a scoop and it seemed fine, so I don't know what happened to the pint that I bought. Tonight I had the new Purple Power and it was sweetened with fruit juice and it was interesting but very odd, I don't think I'll try it again. I've had several banana splits there, and they are simply GRAND!, Really delicious! The parking is excellent all around the shop, it's street parking but there's always plenty of it. The employees just won't warm up to the customers. They're either all shy or just disinterested in working there. When the owners work there, they're fairly friendly but it would really be nice if the employees exhibited the fun attitude that Cocobella employees have! Seating is a bit strange at Yoga-Urt, they have outside, covered table sitting in the back but after you walk through a fairly narrow hallway to get there, it's embarrassing when you find that it's full, you don't know until you walk all the way back. So I mostly sit in front, they have several outside tables near their front door and on the front sidewalk. I do wish they'd change their name: the product isn't yogurt although they do add a probiotic. And where's the Yoga? What it is, is AMAZING!

Pros: Creamiest, thickest, smoothest veg ice cream EVER, Chocolate & Strawberry flavors are soooo good!, Everything's organic and vegan! Super-cold!

Cons: Very expensive, the other flavors are bland and taste alike, They use cane sugar in most of their flavors.

That Salted Caramel Zen tho! - Edit

It is an all vegan soft serve/ froyo-type joint, with a yoga studio attached (however, the space is not shared). I will focus on the vegan froyo, being that's all I cared about at the time.

There were several flavors from which you could choose, but my tunnel vision led me straight to my heart's desire. That Salted Caramel Zen though! So perfectly caramelly and yummy!

They offer a variety of toppings, but I didn't want anything to take away from the taste of that salted caramel, so I declined. They are quite pricey. A large cup of vegan froyo cost me over $8 (no toppings, mind you); if you want a waffle cone, you're looking at $10. I don't live in town, so luckily, I don't have to worry about developing a Yogaurt habit. I am ok with a little indulgence on my random L.A. visits. Oh, and I believe they also said everything is organic, so that always boosts the price factor.

Whomever was behind the counter that evening (a male) wasn't very friendly or welcoming, but I was too busy getting froyo-faced to give him too much thought. I would def go back again for more Salted Caramel Zen.

Pros: yummy vegan froyo

Cons: expensive, some employees aren't friendly

vegan froyo!! - Edit

An all vegan frozen yogurt shop...is there anything else to say? We got parking right in front of the shop. The shop itself is cute and clean with cold water available. The staff was friendly too. The menu consists of smoothies and soft serves. There were about 8 flavors of soft serve and we tried the salted caramel and peanut butter. Toppings are extra and we got the mochi. It was fantastic! Great consistency and taste. The flavors were very distinct. We sat outside on the back patio. We can't wait to come back and try more flavors and the smoothies. A must go!

Pros: vegan froyo, cute shop, friendly staff

Vegan, soy free froyo? Yum! - Edit

I loved this little shop! While in a bit if a hidden location (not many people know theta a strip of shops in such a residential area), it is so cute and tasted great. Walking in, I loved the positive atmosphere of the hallway leading to the door's entrance - chalked with positive and inspiring messages. The shop itself was clean. I had the vanilla soft serve in a gluten free cone with chocolate chips. My bf had the peanut butter. We were both very happy with the taste and texture.

Everything is gluten free, soy free, dairy free, Kosher, and non-gmo. The shop is mostly organic. The soft serve is made with almonds and they add probiotics. They had a good selection of toppings including goji berries, mulberries, and vegan gummy bears!

We sat on the back patio seating which had a soothing fountain. I liked the hidden back porch spot. They also have front seating, but no indoor seating. The back patio is covered so if you're looking for shade - head there.

They also have coffee, tea, and smoothies but I didn't try any. Overall a good experience, will definitely be back.

Pros: All vegan, Gluten free ice cream cones , Unique variety of toppings

Cons: A little pricey but worth it

Return to Glendale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yoga-urt closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.