Contact 0423352599

Davies Park, Jane St, West End (at btwn Montague Rd & Riverside Dr), Brisbane, Queensland, 4101

Long-established Aussie food stall at the Green Flea Markets selling no-bull pies, not-so sausage rolls, not-such-a dagwood dogs, samosas, soy lassis, and more. Was previously vegan but added cheese in 2015. Open Sat 6:00am-2:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Western, Fast food, Take-out only

First Review by krystaljadexvx

Not healthy, but delicious food - Edit

I came to the West End markets with a friend, knowing that there was at least one stall at which I could get vegan food. After walking around the markets for a while, I happened to notice it. It's not especially well signed, you can easily miss it.

Boy am I glad I didn't miss it, though. As is often the problem when finding Vegan places the problem was narrowing down what I wanted to order. I decided to go traditional and had a no-bull pie and a vegan dagwood dog. The man who served me made sure I was under no illusions that what I was ordering was healthy; I wasn't. It was cheap, too. I paid no more than I would have paid for the non-vegan versions in a bakery.

Both of the things I ate from there were delicious. It's been a long time since I've had "the real thing", but I'm sure the pie was just as good, if not better, than any pie I've had in my life. The same goes for the dagwood dog.

If you're looking for classy, health conscious food, this isn't the place for you. If you're looking for traditional australian unhealthy, but delicious food, then go no further. I know that next time I'm in West End on a Saturday, this will be my go-to lunch.

Pros: Delicious, Cheap

Cons: Stall only operates on a Saturday

Delicious, good price, did I mention delicious? - Edit

I first came across ykillamoocow products at The Food Co-op at Griffith Uni Nathan. They had the pumpkin and barley rolls, as well as the No Bull pies (my favourite). Since I stopped studying there I hadn't been able to get any (I work on weekends) but the owner delivered some to me on a Friday! Best day ever! The food they make is delicious. Not all vegan, but do ask as they know what 'vegan' actually means. The price is great and the food is excellent.

Great pies, great guy! - Edit

This guy is super friendly and awesome- his pies are good (not the best I've ever eaten but still a great pie).
First time we went at 11:30 and he was sold out except a few samosas, so we returned following weekend. So if you are in town for just one weekend, GO EARLY to avoid disappointment!
We returned so early I ended up eating one for breakfast, haha! The samosas are good and so was the pumpkin barley roll.

No more steamed dumplings - Edit

Unfortunately the steamed dumplings are not available anymore but the fabulous samosas, pies, hotdogs etc. are still there. Love this stall.

Pros: bite size & delicious, good value, friendly staff

Cons: sell out fast

No Bull pie is the best you will ever taste! EVER! - Edit

Just get to the West End markets at Davies Park and try the No Bull pie - or the other tasty treats, and enjoy wonderful veggie street food! No Bull pie is vegan and Matt is a lovely, funny guy who will look after you. The No Bull pie is the best I have ever had, yes I'm vegan, but I wasn't always and this is just the best thing you will ever have! The other options are also great. Enjoy and get there - knowing you can enjoy a great Aussie pie without causing an animal to suffer.

Pros: No Bull Pie - wow!, Other options - really nice!, Matt is a top bloke

The best pies I've ever eaten - Edit

These guys are the best reason to go to the West End markets. Amazing mock meat pies and Dagwood dogs. My only complaint is that they sometimes sell out.

Pros: so tasty, cheap, tomato sauce art

Cons: need more pies

Great market food - Edit

Great pies and rolls, served hot with sauce. Delicious to munch on as you stroll around the market. Cheap too, plus even cheaper if you buy bulk. Cooked and uncooked pies available - we often take some home and store in the freezer as a quick meal option. Not everything is vegan, so just check when ordering.

Pros: tasty, cheap, served hot or cold

Cons: not all vegan, will run out if you're there late

If you haven't been to the Ykillamoocow then get moving!! They have THE BEST vegan & vegetarian pies, pastry rolls, samosas and dagwood dogs.

Some of the best food I have ever tasted and only $4 each! So cheap and beyond delicious. Even my carnist sister was spewing over how good the vegan dagwood dogs and 'no bull' pies were.

Great for vegans, vegetarians and omnivores alike! Since going there last Saturday, I haven't been able to stop raving.

Pros: EXTREMELY TASTY, Cheap, Very friendly

Great food in the outdoors - Edit

We often go to the market and always have to get something from Ykillamoocow. Great variety, value and location.

Pros: Tasty and interesting, Well priced, Great staff

Cons: Only Saturdays, Sometimes sell out of what you want

Lovely dovely dumplings - Edit

Dropped in to the West End markets and sampled some of the Ykillamoocow vegan dumplings with a special dipping sauce...very yummy taste sensation and fun fellas behind the counter - only $4.00 for 5.

Pros: delicious, healthy , inexpensive

From munches @ market to catering for our party - Edit

We have been buying Ykillamoocow pies & samosas for some years now. We LOVE the samosas as a treat on our market shopping day and Matt's own sauces (eg tamarind) are part of the experience. Most days we sit on the grass at the market & eat them straight away but today we brought em home & had with a salad - matt had given us some sauces to take away - what a great lunch! Last year we asked if they could provide a bulk order of veg pastries & samosas & sauces for our son's birthday & it was a hit. We also get the pies to put in freezer for an easy dinner. Thanks Matt we are addicts :)

Pros: Delicious, Affordable, Friendly

Cons: Market only on sat

Gotta try one - Edit

We tried twice to find this place, the first time they had already run out of dogs and had closed. Gah!!

Second time was a success!! And what a thing. It's basically a hotdog on a stick, covered in batter, dipped in tomato sauce - genuine HOT DOG!! Oh hang on, there's no meat in the dog. You'd never guess.

Good novelty value.

Pros: Novelty hot dog, Cheap

Cons: Sometimes sold out, not nutritious

loved it. - Edit

went to the green flea market specifically to try ykillamoocow's food.
my boyfriend and i had a not so dagwood dog each and then went back to try more. they were delicious. i bought myself a samosa and him a no bull pie and once again they did not disappoint. definetly going to buy some frozen to take home. all vegan except for their spinach and feta pie. also had barley and pumpkin sausage rolls on offer. all day i have been craving a pie. the two gentlemen at the stall were also very friendly, an added bonus was that after eating so many things from there, my boyfriend and i did not feel sick or heavy in the stomach. much better than meat pies or real dagwood dogs.
great value too, nothing over $4. couldn't of asked for a better stall.
also the market where the stall is located has a fantastic vibe, everyone seemed so friendly and genuine, great to buy fresh organic produce!

Pros: so friendly., so delicious., awesome value.

Cons: newly found cravings. :)

Return to Brisbane Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ykillamoocow closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7896 times since Jul 2009.