Yin Futt Kuok Vegetarian Restaurant

Contact 03-2070-7468

60 Jalan Tun Perak (at Jalan Tun H S Lee), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, 50050

Small restaurant located in Kuala Lumpur Chinatown. Large portions. Buffet at lunch only. Offers menu in English. December 2012 reported no longer all-vegan; is vegetarian. Open Mon-Fri 9:30am-5:30pm, Sat 9:30am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Buffet

First Review by nafanc

Unsure if fully vegan menu - Edit

I called this restaurant to ask them if their entire menu is fully vegan or not. The person on the phone told me it's all vegan but I have my doubts because there was one time I called another vegan chinese restaurant and that person also told me their menu is fully vegan but the mayonnaise sauce used on their dishes was not vegan.

Updated from previous review on 2017-02-11

Nice food - Edit

Nice food, big potions and friendly people. I recoment if you around. It's normal Chinese vegan restaurant, urban type so dunnot expect comforts, just go eat and leave

Pros: Prices, Large portions, Good food

Cons: Ordinary Chinese style resto, On main road can be noisy

Good food whit less hospitality - Edit

I eat there a few times. The food was always very good at a good price/value. The place is not very inspiring, but OK.
The people working in the service hear are really harsh and some even very unfriendly.

Pros: good food

Cons: harsh staff, spotles dining room

Rips Off Tourists - Edit

Yin Futt Kuok was the first vegan eatery I came upon during my stay in KL, so I was very excited. Having just landed, however, I spoke only English, and after seating me the waitress informed me that the RM 6.50 meals were actually RM 10, due to it being Chinese New Year. I'm pretty sure none of the Chinese-Malaysians present paid double for their meals. While the food was good, [edit by staff, see ToS].

Pros: Large portions, Tasty food

Cons: Discriminate against non-Malaysians

2 Responses

Lanky 07 Jun 2015 - Its pretty normal around the world to charge extra on public holidays because because bosses need to pay workers double or more to get them to work. Eg, On New Year's Eve in Australia places impose huge cover charges to pay this extra cost.
You visited a Chinese restaurant on Chinese new year, and they charged you an extra dollar than on a normal day.
It a bit unfair to say that this place rips off tourists and discriminates against non-Muslims.
It also seems outlandish that they would attempt to steal RM3.5 from you. What do you think they did with the proceeds of their crime? Bought an ice cream maybe and shared it between the staff?

Tofulicious 07 Jun 2015 - You're right onto it Lanky. Yeah the deep entrenchment of industrial relations protections was one of the first things I noticed in Malaysia. And while RM 350 might not buy you much in Australia, it'll get you a full restaurant meal in most of KL. Ho hum, just another Westerner who's so absorbed in his own cultural privilege he can't even notice the surrounding context.

Standard noodles and mock meat fare - Edit

Standard noodles/rice and mock meat fare. The place is a little dingy, but the dishes were quite good. It seemed to be a family business and the portions were very big at reasonable prices.

Pros: Big portions, Cheap, Central location

Cons: Not best of it's ilk, Little dingy

Return to Kuala Lumpur Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yin Futt Kuok Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.