YiaYias Vegan Rustic Foods

• Other Other
  • Vegan
n/a

Melbourne area, Melbourne, Victoria

Maker of traditional Greek baked goods selling at markets around Melbourne - check Facebook for schedule.

First Review by Aloo

Variety - Edit

The savoury options were not great (due to the very salty pastry) but I'd be keen to try the sweet treats next time.

Pros: Plenty of variety

Next time maybe - Edit

Tried a couple of savoury items, the only real flavour deriving from very salty pastry (almost inedible); a real pity as both items looked nice.
They did have some nice looking chocolate cake, baklava and slices, which I would like to try, hopefully allowing me to increase the rating.

Pros: Vegan, Nice people

Vegan Baklava - Edit

I enjoyed my first taste of YiaYias today at the mini vegan market. I had the baklava - and I noticed there was also a gluten free option.

Man, it was so good. I was a big fan of this sweet before going vegan and I have missed it. This was just how I remember it - crispy with lots of nuts and syrupy goodness!

I noticed they also had healthier looking bars and slices, as well as brownies and a couple of savoury options. They looked good, will need to try those out next time.

Prices were reasonable, the stallholder was friendly and only to happy to help.

Return to Melbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has YiaYias Vegan Rustic Foods closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.