First Review by cookiem

Sparse produce offerings - Edit

If you live nearby, Yes! Organic Market on 14th St. NW could be an easy choice, as you step over to the CVS and then over here? Other than convenience, I am not convinced that this Yes! is a worthwhile visit.

I like Yes! markets because they are a local business, but, if the produce is not fresh, looks old, wilted and lackluster, I will not be very inclined to shop at the market. This is likely the third or second least favorite Yes! in the District. Because it's on the same street as a TJ's, though it's not local, it's likely if I am stuck in this area dying to buy produce/ groceries, that I would choose TJ's over this market. Sad, but true.

The aisles are small to optimize the space. The selection is decent for staple items like nondairy milk, beans, grains and nut butters, but, the prices seem steep when the food doesn't seem like it has as high of a turnover as I would like. I appreciate the veg*n choices all over the store, including in the pretty nice toiletries section, but, again, I wouldn't go out of my way to go here.

Towards the back, they have some prepared, ready-to-eat foods, which could be a good choice over something from CVS or better than nothing.

Decent store, but, as a market snob, I am unlikely to return with great Yes! markets elsewhere in the District.

Pros: Local, Vegan items, Specials

Cons: Produce not always fresh looking, Price, Small aisles

Return to Washington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yes! Organic Market - 14th St closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 699 times since Mar 2013.