Yerbabuena-Bordadores

Bordadores, 3, Madrid, Spain, 28013

Restaurante vegetariano off Plaza Mayor in central Madrid. Offers vegetarian haute cuisine. A large menu with many vegan options or dishes that may be made vegan. Near metros Sol and Opera. Open Mon-Sun 1:00pm-4:00pm, Mon-Sat 8:00pm-12:00am, Tue-Sun 12:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, Fusion, Spanish

First Review by Parasol

Large portions - Edit

This centrally located restaurant surprised me with their quantity.. I ordered the menu especial, and at first thought the salad was the main course as it was so large. I was too full to have much of the main course when it came, so saved it for the next day. The salad was a sauteed spinach Catalan style. The entree was homemade seitan steak with tomato and onion.Dessert was a mousse. I enjoyed it all. Menu is extensive, and in English. Service was nice.

best vegetarian restaurant ever - Edit

Big portions, tasty food. Menu del día really great value for money. 13 euros for a 3 courses meal. Best of all? The kindness of people working there. If you're in Madrid this is a must

Pros: portion, taste, close to metro sol, costumer servi

Cons: none

Riquissimo - Edit

El restaurante es muy acogedor y el servicio es muy amable y atento. Las porciones son bastante grandes y además te sirven tapas y infusiones de cortesía. Volvería 100%.

Pros: tapa de cortesía y infusiones de cortesía.

Very good - Edit

Was very impressed with everything that came out of the kitchen. Good service. Would definitely repeat! We had the burger, the risotto, the crepe, a juice, and a natillas

Pros: Good food, Nice presentation, Solid vegetarian option

Loved this Place - Edit

The food was really unique and delicious, and the staff was very friendly.

Pros: Great food, Great Atmosphere, Great service

cheap and cheerful - Edit

Friendly staff, ok food, generous portions.

unbelievable menu to chose from - Edit

they have basically everything you can think of, and the weird part is, it all tastes awesome! menu with several courses from 15-20 euro, you barely finish.my favorite part: their deserts!

Pros: best value for money in town

Cons: I did not find any downsides after 5 visits!

Fresh, generous, polite staff - Edit

I ordered a paella vegetariana which was very good. It was served with an accompanying sauce and a small fried fritter, with a salad and with bread and a complimentary mint tea after the meal, all included for 10 €50. I also took a non-alcoholic beer.
The staff was polite and nice.
Apart from the front room, there is another room at the back.

Pros: Generous shares, Moderate price, Polite staff

Très copieux et bon - Generous portions and tasty - Edit

Des plats recherchés, bons, et vraiment très copieux. Beaucoup de choix végétaliens. Le menu à 20 € est énorme (petite entrée d'office, entrée, plat, dessert, boisson, infusion). La décoration est un peu sommaire, mais il y a la climatisation.

Pros: Copieux, Recherché, Bon

Cons: Décoration à la traîne

Nice restaurant - Edit

Nice restaurant at the centre of Madrid.
The "menu del dia" is a little bit expensive (15euro) but the food portions are generous. English Menu.

Leaves me doubtful - Edit

A small place with a very vast menu. The food is massively tasy
The two things above leave me with the doubt that the food might be pre-cooked.
They offer a vegan option for the most of their dishes, but the shocking cocktail of flawours doesn't allow to be sure of what yuo are eating.

Pros: Vast menu, Vegan options

Cons: Undefined flawour, Are vegan options really vegan?

Comida cara y no es nada del otro mundo - Edit

Un poco caro y la comida tampoco es nada del otro mundo. Pedimos ensalada y tallarines y eran estándar. Las berenjenas a la miel eran muy gordas y con trozos enormes de miel, no estaban bien hechas. Eso sí los platos muy bien decorados.
Y que cambien la página web, que es feisima y no posiciona nada.

Excellent! Must try - Edit

I'm truly impressed: one of the best vegan meals I have ever had for only 12€ (with the daily menu)! You can choose between a vast variety of dishes but the ones in the daily menu are 'only' 5 and all vegetarians with vegan options: it includes an appetizer, the main meal, a dessert, a drink ( and water) and a digestive tea/infusion.
Everything, from the ingredients to the presentation, was very well-finished. The portions were abundant so by the time I go out I was super full.
We had to wait a little bit but the waiter was super nice with us.
Wish I can come back here again next time I visit the capital.

Pros: Vast variaty, Cheap menú del día , Nice waites

Cons: Small place

Delicious - Edit

Great food and beautifully presented. €10 at lunch gets you a drink, bread, one main plate and a dessert

Pros: Loads of choices. Accommodates vegans and celiacs.

Cons: It's not cheap but I wouldn't say it's expensive e

mixed feelings - Edit

Ingredients in our salads were fresh and varied ... Perhaps too varied for my taste ... About ten different ingredients and three types of dressing. Our soup was also overdressed. I believe that "less is often more" and the skills of the creative chef would be better displayed with a reign on his/her enthusiasm

Pros: fresh ingredients and helpful staff

Cons: busy and very noisy

Mouthwatering- You Can't Miss It! - Edit

Incredible food, large portions, delightful service, and a lovely atmosphere made this the highlight of my vegan dining in Madrid- and, in fact, in all of Spain!

I had the immense pleasure of eating the Menu of the Day (€20) here for lunch, and with the mouthwatering starter, entree, main, juice, and dessert, it was worth every cent.

About half the menu is vegan, and there are so many amazing completely cruelty-free options that it's almost overwhelming! I will have to come back on my next trip to Madrid to enjoy all the things I missed out on.

I arrived without a reservation and the staff were kind enough to make sure I got a spot anyway. They then looked after me as though I was their absolute priority, and I noticed this was the way they treated everyone. Just lovely.

Then came the food- Oh. My. Goodness. Words can't describe how tasty it was. The little starter was just gorgeous, and packed with so much flavour that I didn't know how they'd fit it all in. I then had the risotto, which was, hands-down, the best risotto I've ever eaten at a restaurant. By now I was filling up, but there was so much more to come!

Next came the seitan steak with tomatoes and onions, and the flavour in this dish was amazing. Whilst I didn't love the actual seitan, the braised tomato and onion topping more than made up for it, as did the side of salty, delicious potatoes and fresh, crunchy cabbage that had been soaked in something marvellous. Really balanced and well done.

This was followed by dessert, for which I chose a tangy mango custard with a forest fruit medley. Whilst I like my desserts a touch sweeter, it was a refreshing end to a beautiful meal.

I was then served a lovely cup of tea that helped me digest all the amazingness.

My whole meal took me nearly two hours, as there was so much food to enjoy and I was very full. The staff never once pressured me to leave, even though the restaurant was packed, and they were always available, warm, and friendly when I needed them.

I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone, and would easily take people here to treat them to some amazing veg food.

Pros: Mouthwatering, creative variety of food, Lovely staff and service , Huge, gorgeously-plated portions

Cons: On the expensive side, but worth every cent

Great Restaurant! - Edit

Came here for lunch one afternoon and left feeling very full and very satisfied! Small place in the centre of Madrid, bright, fun interior, and friendly staff. Our server helped translate the menu of the day for us, which included starter, main & dessert, bread and a drink. I had this amazing 2-pot soup, which was so filling and packed with delicious veggies, pasta, veggie sausages. I also had the tiramisu for dessert, which was outstanding. My partner had a veggie burrito that he struggled to finish, despite the fact that he has a huge appetite. They had a really interesting menu, lots of choice, and great value. I would definitely eat here again.

Pros: Excellent food, Great Value, Lovely, helpful staff

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yerbabuena-Bordadores closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.