Yeok Teck

Contact 977-5548930

Bhanimandal, Ekantakuna, Lalitpur Ward 4, Kathmandu, Nepal,

Cozy dining, across the street from the basketball court. Has English menu with pictures. Elaborate dishes with choices of mock meats and vegetables. Reported to use milk in some items so vegans confirm. Open Mon 11:00am-3:30pm, Mon 5:30pm-8:00pm, Tue 11:00am-7:00pm, Wed 11:00am-3:30pm, Wed 5:30pm-8:00pm, Thu 11:00am-3:30pm, Thu 5:30pm-8:00pm, Fri 11:00am-3:30pm, Fri 5:30pm-8:00pm, Sat 11:00am-3:30pm, Sat 5:30pm-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese

First Review by Animal Nepal

Yeok Teck is still operating❤️❤️ - Edit

Thanks for all the support and encouraging reviews we have been getting from our customers from all over the world who happened to be in Kathmandu and discovered us even though our sign board doesn't catch any attention and hardly get noticed, we were oftenly told about this even by customers who staying nearby...

We're so happy to provide meals for vegetarians all over the world who come to Nepal for various purposes, and really appreciate your support and encouraging words every time you finished your meals❤️❤️

And we hope that more and more people will join and become vegetarian for all the good intentions and great purposes❤️

A nice change from Nepali/Indian food - Edit

In June 2013 we went to Yeok Teck, 6 people and we decided to order 13 items on the menu and share. Favorites were the seaweed soup, the Hokkien noodles, lemon chic, plum sauce mushrooms, soyabean brinjal (eggplant), M'sian fried rice and coconut rice. Spicy deep fried cauliflower were good as well as the mix veg fried rice and the luo han chye (a malaysian vegetable). The big chinese momos did feel more like vietnamese ban bao than momos and the fried tofu was not really fried, it was soft tofu in a sauce.

The place is vegan friendly, there are just a few dishes that contain milk products, the staff can speak english and knows about veganism.
This place felt like heaven to me, a nice change from the nepalese and indian flavours. I will be back there every time I go to Kathmandu.

Pros: The food is so good!, Excellent choice, nice english menu, Very clean, inviting and friendly

Contributions +86

Vegan food in Kathmandu!!! - Edit

The food wouldn't really be something to write home to Mom about except for the fact that its clean and vegan! I really enjoyed knowing that my food was untainted. I thought that the ginger fis was pretty good but my husband didn't care for it. They make really nice rice. We had szchewan tofu as well, which was fine. The spicy fried vegetables was actually just the standard nepali style greens and not that good. I think that trying the Malaysian fare might be the smart route to try, and I would love to go back and dial their menu in because I definitely want to support this restaurant. For me it was worth the trip. Its on the street just past the basketball court if your headed south. Thanks Yeok Teck!!!

Excellent vegetarian fare in Lalitpur, Nepal - Edit

Our 3rd trip to Yeok Teck was just as good as the previous two (on previous visits to Nepal). The place is not easy to find and the taxi drivers have no clue, even with the address. It's across the street from a large basketball court complex. This time we were 5 people and ordered several soups (each one if enough for 2 people) and a tempura-style eggplant slices and cauliflower with a mild chili sauce to start. I think the Sezh yuan (sorry for spelling) was the tastiest,; the corn soup the least. Then we had a few main courses - we really liked the mushroom w/plum sauce, and also the mock fish ("fis" on the menu) and the lemon chicken. The sesame Chic (Sic) was a bit bland. The mixed veg rice was particularly good, though the plain rice was also excellent. The Chinese momos (very large) were also very good.

The food is not gluten-free-friendly
Very nice and friendly service. Our meal came to 1600 Rps, which is a bit expensive by local standars, but in our estimation, worthwhile. Very nice decor and atmosphere adds to the experience. We will certainly come back for a 4th visit.

Pros: excellent food, extensive menu, friendly, excellent service

Cons: bit pricy (by local standards)

2 Responses

Great food, not so great setting - Edit

Yeok Teck is an amazing restaurant where one can eat vegetarian 'fish' and other dishes which taste much better than the real thing. The tofu dishes are a delight! We at Animal Nepal love ordering our lunches here. However, the setting could be improved. The place is dark and uninspiring. Having said that, the staff deserve 5 stars for their friendliness.

Pros: Great food!, Nice staff!

Cons: Uninspiring interior

Return to Kathmandu Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yeok Teck closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1547 times since Aug 2007.