Yeni Restaurant

Contact 01312255755

73 Hanover Street, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH2 1EE

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a pick and mix menu of Mediterranean and Middle Eastern meze dishes. Many veg choices, marked on the menu. Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Middle Eastern, Non-veg

First Review by imogenmichel

really good - Edit

I wasn't expecting to enjoy Yeni so much, but it was very good. The restaurant is a mix if greek and turkish food, and is decorated in this theme.

We had a deal allowing six tapas each. I just explained to the waiting staff my requirements and she listed half a dozen things i could have, no hassle and for once i didn't have that awkward feeling.

there was a great choice and compared to other similar places in Edinburgh (hanam's) I thought the options were greater, and staff more aware of my requirements

the menu has clearly marked vegan options and make sure you have a search online as there are often deals available, especially at lunch. it realy is the sort of place you could take people who insist on meat and know you will have a great time.

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-17

Pros: choice, staff, location

Cons: meat

Delicious!!! - Edit

Plenty of absolutely delicious vegan options. This place is very vegan friendly. Some of the best Tapas we've ever had! Especially the baked eggplant dish! The only thing letting it down is that it serves meat and dairy but very grateful that they cater for vegans so well. We felt very welcome here.

Gorgeous and Clearly Labelled Options - Edit

Yeni Meze Bar is on busy Hanover Street and is an easy choice, with its clearly labelled menu, with so many vegan options. It is a popular venue, judging by the number of customers inside and you relax, as soon as you walk through the door. They had a special lunch menu at £9.95 per person for three dishes.

It was so easy to order wine, as the list was labelled with a selection of vegan wines. We ordered Imam Biyaldi, fattoush salad, falafels, houmous with pitta breads and patates and vine leaves. The flavours and freshness of the food really shone through, all were delicious.

We finished our meal with a medium Turkish coffee and vegan Turkish Delight, again clearly labelled on the menu.

Highly recommended.

Pros: Vegan options are plenty, Vegan wines, Vegan desserts

Fantastic - Edit

Myself and my partner are both veggies who live in Edinburgh and we eat here all the time. There is a great selection of vegetarian options with a good amount for vegans as well with the menu clearly labelled. The lunch menu (3 items for £10) is a great option. Most importantly the food is wonderful (the shakshuka is my personal favourite). Staff are great and a very central location

Pros: Lots of options , Good prices (for lunch at least , Fabulous food

Fantastic for the only vegan in the family! - Edit

The menu was so helpful - stated which dishes were vegetarian with a V and vegan with VG! Great social meal with shared dishes. Just be sure to remember which vegetarian/vegan dishes were yours so they don't get mixed up!

Pros: Clear allergies on menu, Great service , Sociable meal

Great for lunch - Edit

This place is lovely and has a really good lunchtime meze offer which, if you double up with a pal means you can try loads of things. The portion sizes are pretty good as well in my opinion.

Nice atmosphere and friendly staff.

Pros: Coeliac friendly, Friendly staff

Cons: A tad expensive

Very impressive! - Edit

I came here with a friend when we had a coupon for a selection of meze food a couple of weeks ago, and I was so impressed. There were loads of different vegan options, all clearly marked on the menu, and everything we tried was delicious! At the start, we explained to our waitress that we were vegan, so when we went to order wine she actually went to get a list of which of the wines they have are vegan, which really shows a level of thoughtfulness and preparation to assist vegans I haven't seen often before in a non-vegan restaurant. It is certainly a little on the pricey side, but for a fancy night out in Edinburgh this place is great.

Pros: Lots of delicious vegan meze, Very vegan-friendly, Lovely restaurant

Cons: Not 100% veg*n

Return to Edinburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yeni Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2228 times since Nov 2013.