First Review by susanlh

Delicious, traditional food of ancient Mexico - Edit

My partner and I (both long-time vegans) found this spot last year and couldn't wait to come back to try it again this visit. This place is very veggie-friendly, with more vegan options then I've seen at any other non-veggie restaurant in this part of Mexico. All the food is made with ultra-fresh ingredients and lots of love and pride. It's not the fatty, salty Mexican comfort food we can find elsewhere- rather, this is good that is reflective of more ancient culinary traditions here in Aztlan. The vegetarian "Mexican Plate" is both delicious and massive- can easily feed 2-3 people. The Aztec soup is delicious though I personally am not super into nopales so mostly ate the broth. Last year we tried the huitalacoche (corn fungus) soup, which is a delicacy for many though our gringo palettes weren't that into it. And the pumpkin seed enchiladas can be made vegan and are really great (and filing) as well. Definitely come hungry and be ready to take leftovers of there aren't a lot of you. Buen provecho!

Pros: Unique, fresh, creative food, Lots of vegan and gf options, Great value considering portion size

Cons: Street traffic is a little intense

Great find - Edit

When I first got to Sayulita all I saw was meat, but then I found Yeikame! It has several great yummy vegan options. They are very friendly there and willing to accommodate your needs.

Pros: good food, great value, friendly and accommodating staff

Return to Sayulita Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yeikame closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.