Yavanna

+61-735540267

2 Latrobe Terrace, Paddington, Queensland, Australia, 4064

American-style plant-based eatery opened 2018. Serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, coffee, and a vegan cocktail menu. Open Wed-Fri 12:00pm-3:00pm, 6:00pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Pizza, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Gluten-free, Australian

First Review by Mike Munsie

achep

Points +44

30 Apr 2019

Delicious food, excellent service - Edit

I love coming here for dinner or picking up a take away. Poutine is the stand out but other favourites include the fried brussel sprouts, nachos, chicken schnitzel and chocolate milkshake.

Pros: Everything is vegan, So many options, Great service

Cons: Occasionally cannot get a table - book ahead

LyndalldaSilva

Points +22

06 Apr 2019

Its ok - Edit

With some truly amazing vegan places emerging in Brisbane, this place falls behind a lil... Slow service, food edible but nothing particularly "wow". Again, we don't have a lot to choose from as vegans, so give it a go. We'll try again. Maybe we went on a bad day.

nicthechick5

Points +119

24 Mar 2019

Perfect for Breakfast - Edit

My daughter and I drove half an hour to Yavanna and were not disappointed. Deeeeeeelish!! Miss 11 had the berry crumpets, I had the beans on sourdough. Perfect.
The service was great. On a hot day the aircon was cranking and a pleasure.
Coffee 10/10!!!
I can’t wait to go back for lunch and or dinner.

Pros: Great options, Great service, Delicious food

Cons: Hard tin chairs, My sourdough was soggy from the beans

wpg_raider

Points +26

21 Mar 2019

Great food - Edit

Been twice had the one burger on the first visit and it was fabulous! Then a pesto pasta that was equally as good! All around a great experience

AnthonyBravey

Points +420

14 Mar 2019

Awesome ‘chicken’ schnitzel - Edit

Went here for Dinner with a couple of Omni friends and we all enjoyed the meal. The chicken schnitzel was the highlight and the cauliflower wings were also really good. The place itself has a good vibe for any meal, the staff are also so lovely, friendly and efficient.

The calamari was a bit of a let down as I’ve had much better vegan calamari at Asian restaurants.
Also the desserts were okay but nothing special.
The price is relatively expensive compared to other vegan restaurants

So there are some areas for improvement but this is still a great restaurant and a good place for omnis too. The pub like food and portions will definitely put a smile on your face and in your belly.

Pros: Vegan schnitzel , Staff were fantastic, Good portions

Cons: A bit expensive

jazminrose

Points +42

08 Feb 2019

Amazing - Edit

Amazing service and atmosphere. Dinner menu has a good variety, was hard to pick which sounded the best! Chicken schnitzel was the most realistic ‘chicken’ I’ve had since going vegan 2.5 years ago! My Omni friend ate most of it (we shared three things) and he said he absolutely loved it, everything about it was very ‘real’ and that he will be coming more often. The prices are also fantastic. Spent $25 each and had food leftover.

Pros: Entirely Vegan Menu, Share plates and main meals available , Fantastic serving sizes

RobertGreen

14 Jan 2019

Fantastic! Had the steak and mashed potato. The best vegan restaurant. Ever! - Edit

Great service. Great food.

HerveyBayVegans

Points +26

15 Dec 2018

Fantastic Food, Service & Atmosphere - Edit

We have now been here three times for dinner and once for brunch and have never been disappointed. Friendly service, great food and a cool atmosphere.

lisasophiester

Points +66

08 Nov 2018

Best vegan restaurant I've been to - Edit

Literally all of the food is amazing. They put so much effort in mimicking the taste of animal products and they're pretty successful. My favorites so far we're the one burger, the steak, the poutine and the calamari. But literally everything I had just blew my mind. The protions are pretty big too. And it's a crowd pleaser for omnis as well! It's a bit more on the pricy side but worth every penny. The quality of the food is awesome. Staff is very friendly and their interior looks very nice. It's usually busy on the weekends, so a reservation might be a good idea.

Pros: best vegan food ever

AlissaPattrick

Points +15

Vegetarian
30 Sep 2018

Omni husband very pleased - Edit

I sneakily told my omni husband that we were going to check out an American style diner. When we arrived and the sign clearly stated it was plant-based he was not impressed. However we were very well looked after by the staff and his beer arrived quickly.
Our daughter loved her chicken nuggets and chips, she couldn't finish the serving.
My husband and I both ordered the one burger which came with chips and on the drive home we were still raving about it. He particularly loved the cheese.

Pros: Great service, Good range, Meals were a good size

Cons: No room for dessert

AndrewThompson

Points +46

25 Sep 2018

YES! - Edit

Just down the road from my house this has quickly become my favourite place to eat in Brisbane. The starters are awesome and the mains are great. But I have a serious issue with over ordering. The brussel sprouts, chilli cheese fries and ribs starters are brilliant. Both the "chicken" and "beef" burgers are worth checking out. Good selection of craft beers in the fridge. I strongly recommend checking this place out.

Pros: Great food, Good Vibe, Awesome Staff

BlackPanther

Points +76

31 Aug 2018

Amazing! - Edit

Such a cute and funky restaurant! They have an awesome selection of vegan food too! Don't let the names on the menu fool you, everything is 100% vegan! While I was there I got to try a chicken pizza the chef made, was amazing!

Pros: Vegan , On site parking

LouisDooner

Points +22

31 Aug 2018

Great place - Edit

Good meals, a bit expensive but worth what you pay for. Take away options make this place great. Lovely staff too :)

Pros: Vegan all the way

Cons: A little exy, but not too bad.

Brondwyn

Points +34

18 Aug 2018

yummy and beautiful - Edit

Excellent vibe, very relaxing, a great place to catch up with friends over a great tasty meal. Food was very good and not too expensive. Sweet treats were fantastic.

SharonDean

Points +42

14 Aug 2018

Room for improvement - Edit

Food was nice but found the serving sizes small for the price. Service was not the best, but we went when they’d just opened, so hopefully it has improved over the past couple of months.

charmagama

Points +161

06 Aug 2018

It was ok - Edit

The food was ok, the fake meat felt like they just came from the frozen section from the supermarket (not saying they did or did not but that what they tasted like). I thought it was pricy for the quality of the food. The food wasn’t bad but it wasn’t “amazing” in my opinion.

Pros: All vegan

Cons: Expensive , I didn’t think the mock meat was high quality

Evyarnna

Points +326

29 Jul 2018

Amazing - Edit

Had a great first experience, food, vibe and staff were all amazing!

Pros: 100% vegan and cruelty free! , Delicious tasting food , Lovely staff who were very accommodating

Cons: Somewhat expensive

JulianMoralesSarmie

Points +52

27 Jul 2018

A new taste in the city - Edit

Everything we tried was delicious. The dish was very well presented. We started with the calamari which had a nice flavor a perfect consistency. My partner had the steak and I had the burger. Both dishes had nice balance flavors. Definetly super recommended.

Pros: nice chocolate milkshake. Nice environment

Brontosaurus

Points +30

26 Jul 2018

Outstanding - Edit

I was up in Brisbane for a night recently and came across this place. Food was fantastic! I got the ribs and the burrito. I was getting a bit of fomo as I saw the amazing looking steaks getting served but did not regret my choices once I started eating. It was busy on a Saturday night, I was lucky to get a table. Make sure you book, especially for peak periods. Also try and get a spot away from the door - it’s a little roller door, so always up during opening hours and it was a bit chilly sitting near it. Will make sure I come back when I’m in Brisbane.

Pros: Quality food, Friendly staff

Cons: Bit chilly near the door at night

ReslaneKhassouani

Points +90

18 Jul 2018

Great - Edit

The meal was tasty, and original. The place is great and the staff very nice.

NikkiVeganNikki

Points +53

16 Jul 2018

Awesome! - Edit

This place is so lovely! The décor is green, bright, fresh and open. It has a bar and sweets at the counter to take home (including vego bars). There are tables and booths, great for groups and a nice place for a date. I ordered the "ribs" and a strawberry and cream cupcake-was delish. The staff are lovely. The service is a little clunky, but still with 5 stars! Please support this place and give it a visit :)

Pros: Decor, Food, Location

Cons: Service needs ironing out, No table service

ellehir

Points +218

13 Jul 2018

Worth a visit! amazing service - Edit

We really enjoyed our visit here- the service was great and dishes came out quickly. We had the popcorn chicken which was good but the sweet chilli sauce it comes with wasn’t ideal- you could ask for aioli instead as I think this would go better!! Similarly our brinner main was a little burnt but overall tasty. The big mock was really great and I would recommend this! We had two sweets after dinner which were both lovely especially the orange semolina cake it was one of the best vegan cakes ive had.

remoteau

11 Jul 2018

Fantastic - Edit

This is our first experience here and we will definitely be back, Great service and super friendly staff. The meals are truly amazing, fantastic flavours and presentation. Could not get over the Chargrilled Steak. (Steak Out) Delicious! Plus never ever been a fan of Brussel sprouts, but I could live on fried sprout dish. AAA+ Vegan Restaurant

Pros: Flavour, Presentation , Staff

Cons: Non

rvd_316

Points +36

06 Jul 2018

Amazing food!!! - Edit

The food is out of this world, it’s so tasty, nice portions, friendly staff. Will be back here again!

kaffy

Points +16

05 Jul 2018

Delish vegan spot - Edit

Delish filling burger with chips and gravy- and the guy who served us was so friendly!

Pros: Entirely vegan, Cool mock meats like ribs

IanHaisman

29 Jun 2018

great - Edit

Great food , real big food, great service

Peter247

Points +64

29 Jun 2018

Tasty comfort food, friendly service, nice setting - Edit

We will be going back

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Friendly staff, Good selection of whiskey

Cons: Not so good outdoor seating for the doggo

Return to Paddington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yavanna closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.