Yats - Massachussettes Ave

• Veg-friendly
Contact 317-686-6380

659 Massachussettes Ave, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, 46204

Serves meat, vegan options available. Several locations in the area. Has a separate vegetarian menu with occasional vegan dishes offered. Ask to use only vegetarian sauce. Rice has butter.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Fast food, Cajun, Creole, Non-veg

First Review by

This place deserves 5 stars. - Edit

I wish I could give them 5 stars. Since coming here for the first time 6 years ago, they've improved on their availability of vegan dishes. Their vegan white chili and succotash are both great, always consistent, and the service here is phenomenal. I wish they had more vegan selections, I would love a dish with some mock meat, but I'm content with going there more than once a week sometimes!

Vegan White Bean Chili - Edit

Vegan chili is the one thing vegan that you can actually get at a lot of places in Indianapolis, but Yat's by far has the best. I stop by the Mass Ave. location all the time just to see if they have it that day. Tips on ordering: Say "I would like the vegan white bean chili, no rice, dry bread (which tells them you do not want buttered bread), with extra dry bread (to supplement not getting rice because the rice is not vegan)". Make sure to tip!

Pros: amazing vegan chili, friendly staff, extremely fast!!!

Cons: rice isn't vegan, menu changes, hot inside during summer

Depends on the day - Edit

I can only speak for the Broad Ripple location. I know there is a location on Mass Ave, and apperantly one in Bloomington. But the Broad Ripple location is where everything is made (I think, anyway).

They always have spinach etouffe, which is usually delicous for $5.50 (it comes with a slice of bread). Try it with sour cream, cheese, and onions for next extra charge.

They also have about 4 other veg options that they rotate. B&B, Veg Succotash, and others.

Pros: Cheap, Good, Fast

Cons: Always spinach etouffe

Return to Indianapolis Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yats - Massachussettes Ave closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1846 times since Aug 2007.