Yamagoya

+81-774256889

Myoraku 144, Uji, Japan, 611-0021

A family-style Japanese shokudō using local and organic produce. Serves plant-based dishes plus desserts and coffee. Food and seating limited so best book ahead. Open Mon-Wed 11:30am-6:00pm, Fri-Sun 11:30am-6:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Japanese, Organic

First Review by takanakamura

delicious filling meal in Uji - Edit

Tucked away just a two minute walk from Uji Station, this place was an excellent find. We walked in and we’re greeted by the owner and sat down, and realized there was no English menu. But before we could struggle to order anything, the owner had disappeared. Twenty minutes later, he reappeared with two large platters of delicious lunch. It was only ¥1100 per person and left me surprisingly full. There were probably 8 or 9 dishes, from a warm pea soup (I think that’s what it was!) to potatoes in a good sauce and a deep fried salad. Couldn’t recommend enough!

Finally, a vegetarian restaurant in Uji! - Edit

A cozy and friendly restaurant serving dishes and deserts made of locally harvested organic produce. The place also serves good coffee, roasted at the restaurant and plays relaxing music. Reservation is not required, but I recommend calling ahead to make sure you have a seat (we didn't get one on our first try without a call, as they had already served all the food for the day).

Pros: Affordable and tasty food, Nice decore (traditional house with arts on walls), Relaxing music

Cons: Backstreet location (may be had to find), # of food/day limited (call ahead!)

Return to Uji Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Yamagoya closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.