First Review by studioahimsa

Not good - Edit

Greasy food. Yuck! There are way better vege food places nearby. 1km from this place down sandringham road you will find a lot of indian fast food places and most of them have many vege/vegan options.

Ratings (out of 10)

Price : 9/10
Food Quantity : 6/10
Taste : 6/10
Accessibility : 8/10
Customer Service : 5/10

Not a great choice - Edit

Although the food here is cheap, it doesn't leave you feeling great and the taste of the dishes that we tried wasn't good. We had Dahl Mahkani and the Malai Kofta. The Malai Kofta was particuarly disappointing as it is one of my favourite dishes.
The only real positive was the sweets - our friend bought a range of them and the ones we tried were pretty good. Other than that I don't think it's worth the visit.

Pros: sweets, price

Cons: quality, taste

nice barfi - Edit

I love the Barfi from this place, many flavours, but the dinner is not suitable for Buddhists, Krishna or Tao cultivators. Everything has onion and garlic. The butter paneer now has onion in it too, prob just as well. It used to taste nice but they would only give you about 4 little pieces of paneer. Always walked out of there feeling like I got ripped off. But you can buy Blocks of Packaged Paneer from here.

Pros: barfi, paneer

Cons: staff, not good value for money

not good - Edit

this place has cheap meals but they're gross and not worth the little price, even. :( the mithai place next door is also vegetarian and is so much nicer! i planned on buying some sweets and packaged foods here but the thali was so bad that it wasn't worth it. yuck!

Pros: cheap

Cons: poor quality, dirty, no flavor

Return to Auckland Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Xotic Sweets and Snacks closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1450 times since Aug 2007.