First Review by blaim

Delicious Vegan Food in the shadow of Buddha - Edit

People come to Leshan to see the giant Buddha so it is fitting they have a vegan restaurant. Sadly, few tourists ever visit the town, instead heading out to Buddha and back onto their bus.
We are in town for a night and saw the restaurant on our bike ride into town. I was amazed to find it on Happy Cow, because who comes to Leshan?
Anyway, the food was delicious. We had a breaded eggplant dish that was laid out like a fish, and came in an amazing red sauce. We also had a dish called something like Really Big Meatballs. They were made of beans, potato, ginger, probably a nut of some kind and likely mushrooms. So tasty. We also had wonton soup that was excellent and a starter called something like Three Wire Salad. Doesn't sound too good but it sure was! Emoki mushroom, seaweed, carrot and chillis. I definitely recommend you check it out.
Will be writing HC to update the map. It is (as of Nov 6, 2013) showing as close to the Eastern end of the waterfront road, but is actually on the same road about 1 km further west.

Pros: vegan, creative, inexpensive

Cons: a short walk

Return to Leshan Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Xiangyyu Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 575 times since Nov 2012.