REMOVED: Xi'an Famous Foods - Nolita

( 1 review )

+1-212-786-2068

68 Kenmare St, New York City, New York, USA, 10012

Serves meat, vegan options available. Counter service Chinese hand-pulled noodle shop, part of a NYC-based chain. Very small, mostly takeout. Website doesn't specify vegan dishes but several items are clearly labeled onsite, and include Mt Qi vegetables, spicy hot oil seared noodles, soft tofu soup, spinach dumplings. Removed - meat stock now used in previously vegetarian dishes.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by VeganBubble

Too oily for me - Edit

This is a small branch of the popular NYC chain, with only seating for a few people.

They pride themselves on their spicy chili oil, and while it is very good I didn't need a cup of it for my noodles to *swim* in. But these places are hopping, so clearly there are people who like food that way. I guess one could order it light on the sauce. At this writing I've only eaten there twice so haven't learned the tricks yet. I hear the dumplings are good.

Oil aside, I did appreciate that there were a number of vegan options on the menu and that the noodles are freshly made... as in I saw the dude make them..

Pros: multiple locations, If you like spicy, you'll be pleased

Cons: Oily, Lots of meat being consumed

Return to New York City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has REMOVED: Xi'an Famous Foods - Nolita closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.