Xela Green

• ( 12 reviews )

14 Avenida 4-46, Zona 1, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala

Tiny eatery serving vegetarian and vegan food. Has a daily menu plus some menu staples. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Fast food, Fusion, Guatemalan

First Review by jc4rl

holmesbryon

Points +20

18 Nov 2021

Clean Fresh Eating

This place is amazing. Clean food. Very fresh. We had the Guacamole with salsa and it was so good I could of ordered another just for Dinner. The Saitan Paninini with 3 salsa was delicious filling and presented beautifully. The location just felt great. Go here if you want to eat clean!!

Pros: Nice seating, Food prepared after you order, Great staff

Cons: Wish I had found sooner!

FeniLu

Points +426

22 Apr 2021

Lovely place.

Because of COVID they closed the restaurant, but reopened with a small kiosk. They still offer a broad variety of creative dishes, but the seating is not as comfy and inviting anymore. We also ordered a cake from them and they did a great job, it was delicious. I will definitely be back.

Pros: Many vegan options , Holistic knowledge and concept

Cons: Not vegan, Right now only two tables

PlantPowerRiki

Points +66

23 Mar 2021

Peaceful cuisine

Delicioso experiencia I love it❣️

Pros: Make their own tempeh and other homemade goodies., They make ratatouille , Vegan ice cream

Guest

16 Mar 2020

¡Qué rico!

This place is so good! Every time I leave I am reminded of one of the reasons why I'm vegan (I always leave feeling healthy and stronger).

Pros: Inexpensive, Variety, Vegan options

Cons: Sometimes they're randomly closed

AlyshaMaree

Points +30

22 Dec 2019

Super cute vege restaurant

Lovely small restaurant serving vege and vegan items, I had a falafel baguette and it was good but quite basic. Green smoothie was yum and they had VEGAN carrot cake! Really great service, good wifi and vibes. Will go backb

Pros: Lots of vegan options , Vegan dessert , Cheap options, burger 25q

Cons: Curry a bit more expansive 40q, Very quiet, only me there!

mariapia

Points +97

Vegetarian
05 Dec 2018

Good vegan food

I was very happy to find a pure vegetarian restaurant at Xela. I think is the only one. The place is nice and the location very easy to find near the main square. Only problem there is always the same food so after few days my group was tired to eat there. Anyway we went there everyday during our stay in Xela. The soup was excellent and the drinks also.

Updated from previous review on 2018-12-05

Pros: It is the only vegan restaurant at Xela, Good food, Nice service

Cons: Every day the same choices.

GeckoHeaven

Points +381

10 Nov 2018

Quiet but reliable

I never saw a single customer at this place on the 5 occasions I visited.
They keep the door shut and the place looks closed. Sometimes they lock the door inexplicably and you have to knock on the glass.
Despite this, the food is freshly prepared and tastes good.
They will wrap the baguettes for you to take away. Great if you are going trekking the next day.

Pros: Reliably good, Cheap

Cons: Always empty

Clesque

Points +64

Vegetarian
08 Nov 2018

Very good

Been there a few times, I was always pleased with the dishes that I ordered, 100% recommended.

Tulkoju

Points +70

03 Feb 2018

Good, but not the best.

A friendly cozy place. The food was pretty good, although a bit salty for my taste and the orange drink that came included was a watered down sweetened orange juice.
The owner is very nice but it was a by bit funny when he said "everything is vegan..." "except..." all the non-vegan things we pointed out to him.
However, very nice.

Pros: Friendly, affordable.

Cons: hard to find

PaulaDreiner

Points +22

01 Feb 2018

Eine Empfehlung wert

Niedliches Restaurant unweit vom Parque Central entfernt. Karte enthält sowohl vegetarische, als auch vegane Gerichte.

Pros: viele vegane Optionen, preislich sehr gut

KarenAidi

Points +32

18 May 2017

Delightful Vegan Food Choices

It's hard enough to be a no-oil vegan in the US, but it's doubly hard in a foreign country with limited gringo Spanish. That said, my husband and I were so happy to find this little gem of a restaurant within walking distance of our hotel on the main plaza in Quetzaltenango.

We were able to get green smoothies for the first time in our visit to Guatemala (over three weeks), The waitress bent over backwards to be of help to us on menu choices. I got a pasta dish; my husband got a nice, big salad. On top of it, we got some very nice natural tea to end the meal.

The waitress was so nice as to give us some baggies with the tea we had. We fell in love with the tealo in Guatemala! The relaxed environment and meal was just what we needed after a long day of travel!

Pros: Close to our hotel on the main plaza, Very nice and relaxed atmosphere, Very attentive waitress

jc4rl

Points +16

30 Dec 2016

Comida rica!

English y Espanol

Since the first time I had eaten here, I eat here every time I'm out of food at home. All the food is healthy and delicious, not to mention at a great price. I don't know many places with vegan food her in Xela that doesn't break the bank, so I love Xela Green. :)

Desde la primera vez que habia comido ahi, voy cada vez que no tengo comida en mi casa. Toda la comida es saludable y deliciosa! Tambien es bien barrata. No conozco muchos lugares para comer comida vegana aca que no me cuestan mucho, entonces me encanta esa lugar. :)

Pros: healthy /saludable, delicious / deliciosa , cheap / barata

Return to Quetzaltenango Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Xela Green closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.