Wynn Encore Hotel - Red 8

Contact 702-770-3463

3131 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 89109

Serves meat, vegan options available. Located inside the Encore Hotel. Has a vegan menu upon request with dishes including vegan tofu shiitake and vegetable fried brown rice. View menu <a href="http://www.happycow.net/menus/Wynn-Red8.pdf" target="blank">here</a>. Mon-Sun 11:30am-12:00am

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Chinese, Beer/Wine, Asian Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by gr8vegan

Delicious!!! - Edit

Amazing Asian cuisine full of flavours and veg-friendly! We were told they can veganize any dish on the menu. And the result was delicious. Do go!
The place is laid back, but nice. The restaurant is beautiful and the service was great.

Pros: delicious, nice location, beautiful restaurant

Out of Gardein at 6:30 PM - Edit

We didn't end up staying for our meal at Red 8 due to a few factors. One, the staff refused to say Vegan properly. Everyone pronounced it Vey-Gan. If you can't say it correctly how can I believe that you know that you are serving me the proper food? In addition, on a Friday night at 6:30 they were already out of Gardein. The staff reassured me that tofu is just like Gardein and we should order tofu instead. If you think Gardein is like tofu, then really you should not be speaking to someone about the four (count them 4) vegan specific items that are on the menu. What's with the Wynn's commitment to veganism? I didn't see it in the 10 minutes we were on-site.

Cons: out of product, didn't know a vegan from a vey-gan, tofu is not the same as Gardein

Updated menu - Edit

Now that Wynn restaurants are using Gardein, I decided to try this place again. Had the gardein chicken and cashews with broccoli, carrots and celery in a ginger sauce. REALLY gingery and nutty. Another person had the Tofu Shitake (whole shitake mushrooms, broccoli, bok choy and tofu in a mushroom sauce served with rice) Very good. They didn't skimp on ingredients and the portion size was just right.

My favorite restaurant in Vegas for healthy veggie - Edit

I've been going to Red 8 for vegan food in Las Vegas long before Wynn had gone vegan. Red 8 has the best steamed veggies in the whole town, the produce is monsterous and steamed to perfection and you can pair it with soy sauce or sweet and sour. They don't take reservations, but you can wait at Parasol up Parasol down bar right down the steps to see the light/water show.

Pros: steamed veggies, steamed dumplings

Return to Las Vegas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wynn Encore Hotel - Red 8 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1695 times since Mar 2012.