Wray Organic Market & Cafe

98 Russell St, Toowoomba, Queensland, 4350

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic and health food markets with deli cafe & juice bar inside. Stocks a varied range of products from fresh produce to bulk food and natural grocery. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm, Sat 8:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by necius

fantastic. 5 stars if possible - Edit

great number of vegan options, and omni options too for those of us with omni friends. had the vegan spelt toastie, can highly recommend! great number of raw and vegan desserts too. fantastic service! reasonable prices!

Pros: good quality vegan options, great service, great prices

Cons: none

Very expensive - Edit

It's disappointing that one of the only organic places to eat and get food in Toowoomba is sooo overpriced. When I came here with a friend for breakfast she actually ended up only getting a drink because she thought the food seemed way too expensive. There are limited vegan options however I ordered a chia pudding which was TINY and made me feel sick. My friend ended up putting packet sugar from the table in her smoothie as she said it was bland. As you can tell my friend is a bit picky, however I also tried her smoothie and found it not pleasant at all. It was room temperature, not cold, and did indeed taste bland. I have also been here several times to buy grocery items only to find them other places or online for much cheaper.

Pros: organic

Cons: limited vegan options , small portions

Ok for Toowoomba - Edit

Vegan options are clearly marked, but the lunch options for vegans are limited - the place seems to mostly cater to Paleo. On the bright side, they have a huge selection of vegan desserts as vegan and Paleo tend to overlap in that area.

I had a quinoa based salad (the only other option that day was a Mediterranean veg toasted sandwich), which was rather mediocre. I also had a salted caramel smoothie, which tasted primarily of bananas, closely followed by dates, and while not unpleasant did not taste at all of salted caramel.

We also shared a choc-mint slice cake and a lemon cheesecake, both of which were nice, but not remarkable.

Pros: Vegan options clearly marked, Lots of raw+vegan+paleo desserts

Cons: Limited vegan lunch options

Disappointing selection - Edit

I went to Wray Organic Market hoping to get some shelf groceries that are difficult to get in supermarkets. I was sorely disappointed. From their stock, I didn't get the impression that vegans, or even vegetarians for that matter, are considered potential customers. The stuff that they do have, such as produce and nuts, is overpriced, even by organic standards.

If you're looking to buy general vegan friendly groceries, you're better off just going to a supermarket. I don't expect I'll be going back unless something drastically changes.

Return to Toowoomba Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wray Organic Market & Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.