WorldBeat Cafe

619-230-1190

2100 Park Blvd, San Diego, California, USA, 92101

Located in the World Beat Center in Balboa Park. Fresh kombucha on top. Artwork adorns the walls. Ask server for Wi-Fi password. Formerly Prophet Vegetarian (same owner). Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Caribbean

First Review by kenvegan

Way more than just the food - Edit

We were in Balboa Park visiting museums and looking for somewhere to grab a good lunch. WorldBeat Cafe surpassed our expectations. The food was delicious, the decor eclectic, the staff inviting and very helpful.
The building they occupy is part café, part art gallery, part music venue and community centre. The building has lots of green and sustainable designs with more plans for improvement.
We left with a full belly and a full list of contacts and recommendations for other places to visit along our journey (we are on a cross-continental road tour).

Pros: Great tasting food and drinks, International culinary inspiration, Grow some of their food in their own garden

Cons: Great things take time to put together

Enjoyable Surprise! - Edit

As we approached this restaurant, it was hard to know what to expect. We were greeted with smiles of welcome and a description of the fresh wholesome food that had been prepared for us with "Love" and that was just waiting for us to show up and eat it. Fresh collard greens from the restaurant gardens; red quinoa and curry; vegetarian chili; plantain; and vegan doughnuts for dessert. The environment was eclectic and thoroughly enjoyable and the food was delicious!

Pros: Fresh Foods, Relaxed, Casual atmosphere

Tasty and Reasonably Priced Caribbean Food - Edit

I stopped by this small restaurant inside of a cultural center on my way back to LA from San Diego. I ordered a vegan patty with cabbage and vegetables and a vegan gumbo and to drink I ordered a ginger Kombucha on tap. Everything I had here was delicious and very reasonably priced. The people working here are really friendly.

Pros: Delicious food, Wonderful staff, Reasonable prices

Return to San Diego Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has WorldBeat Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.