World Peace Cafe

( 1 review )
+44-151-7268900

Duldzin Buddhist Centre, 25 Aigburth Drive (at btwn Livingston Drive & Aigburth Vale), Liverpool, England, L17 4JH

Vegetarian cafe in a Buddhist Centre facing Sefton Park in South Liverpool. Close to one of the main arteries linking Liverpool city centre and airport. Open Wed-Sun 11:00am-4:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly

1 Review

First Review by Stevie

World Peace Cafe, Liverpool - Edit

This eatery opened on March 1st 2011 and is in a nice building with a lovely view on to Sefton Park.

When I walked in the first thing that hit me was the lovely smell of the coffee. The location is clean & cozy with around 16 seats around 5 tables plus a couch with a coffee table in front.

It's a cafe style menu rather than a restaurant job; soups, sandwiches/paninis/wraps/toast, cakes & drinks. The menu is geared mostly towards lacto vegos but that does not mean veganism is excluded. Specifically when I was asked what was vegan I was offered either the Japanese tofu wraps or a falafel wrap. After the whiff of the coffee on the way in, I also went for a soya latte. Service was pleasant enough as is the general vibe of the place and prices are reasonable.

This place is still finding its feet but with a couple of Liverpool vego venues having closed in the last few months its a welcome change to have somewhere new open up.

Suggested further improvements:-

I'm only speaking for myself of course but I always wonder why places with small menus such as this with only one soup, why don't they make the soup vegan friendly? It seems a little silly to immediately exclude potential custom from one of the courses available.

I'd also suggest that with the menu being geared largely towards lacto veggies, they could indicate on the menu which dishes are either vegan or can be adapted to be vegan. It sends out a clear message that vegan veggies are welcome and wanted custom.

Pros: Vegan vegetarian friendly, Lovely location

Cons: Soup is non vegan friendly, Could be more vegan friendly generally

Return to Liverpool Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has World Peace Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.