Woodruffs Organic Cafe

Contact 01453759195

24 The High St, Stroud, England, GL5 1AJ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Cafe menu is vegetarian except for fish. Uses local and seasonal ingredients. This was Britain's first wholly organic cafe.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, British, English, Non-veg

First Review by kittyveg

Nice place. - Edit

We went to Woodruffs Organic Café during our holiday in the Cotswolds. We had lunch. The food was good, the staff was helpful and friendly. They also have some vegan sweets, like carrot cake. Vegan options are clearly indicated on the menu. We are pleased to see a place where they promote (organic) vegetarian and vegan food, so we don’t mind so much that they also serve fish.

Had to ask for a refund! - Edit

We visited here on a Saturday morning for brunch. I was pleased to see dogs are allowed in.
The menu clearly showed which items on the menu were vegan. I'd been looking forward to coming here for some time.
Unfortunately, the service was dire. After 20 minutes of waiting for a cup of coffee to arrive I went up to the desk to enquire. After 35 minutes, when still nothing had arrived, I went up and ask for our money back as the car park ticket was about to expire. There was no apology. Ironically, it appears that they had just started making our coffees when I went up for a refund. I was asked why I didn't want them. I explained we did want them, but 35 minutes ago!
We did get a refund, but obviously not of the generous tip I paid (upfront) for dire service.
I doubt we will return.

Pros: Vegan options , Central location , Dogs allowed

Cons: Slow and poor service

wish they were fully vegetarian! :( - Edit

although local to us, we don't often pop in to woodruff's since they began serving fish. it is a cosy place to have lunch and the soups are often vegan, so it's nice to occasionally have a soya latte, a bowl of soup and some of their lovely bread. still...the dead fish sort of ruins it. one really good thing that woodruff's do, however, is to offer vegetarian cookery courses. o, & staff are usually quite au fait with what veganism entails. consequently, they're able to make menu suggestions - although, vegan options are normally clearly indicated on their blackboard. all in all, it's nice for a quick lunch when you're in the town centre.

Pros: cosy, vegan items clearly marked, central

Cons: fish!, not open for dinner

Return to Stroud Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Woodruffs Organic Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1210 times since Jun 2011.