First Review by

Alright - Edit

Very happy to find a 100% vegetarian Indian restaurant when some relatives from India were visiting who only eat at completely vegetarian establishments. However, the quality of the food was underwhelming when compared to both vegetarian indian restaurants we have visited in other US cities, as well as non-veg indian restaurants in the greater Charlotte area. As the only veg indian option it's a good choice (the only), but the flavors weren't ideal. And the ambiance wasn't great either.

Pros: Great to have 100% veg indian place

Cons: Not the best flavors , Crowded and noisy , Underwhelming atmosphere

Best vegetarian Indian restaurant - Edit

Boy was I happy when I went vegetarian and found this place. I just knew if I couldn't have lamb at an indian restaurant, there would be nothing left to enjoy. Lol. Great food! The vegetable vindaloo is great. Hot! But great! The bread is awesome too. I've been going to indian restaurants since I was a little girl and this place definitely isn't lacking.

Pros: great food, staff very helpful, quick service

Cons: location

Great Indian food even for non-vegetarians - Edit

I'm an omnivore, but when I want really tasty Indian food I travel across town to Woodlands. The flavors are just so much more alive than other Indian restaurants. I need to keep a log of my visit times though, I've had one or two average visits (never a bad one though). I've also had a few transcendental experiences. I'm sure it has to do with who is in the kitchen, and there is probably a pattern. One of my favorites dishes here is Uppuma, a cream-of-wheat pilaf kind of thing that is just delicious. They are closed Tuesdays so plan accordingly.

Pros: delicious, all vegetarian, lots of vegan

Cons: location (for me anyway)

Yummy unique Indian - Edit

Had a great meal here including the Pongal Avial, Mushroom Szechwan Noodles, Potato Bonda, Tomato Soup, and Chapathy. Everything was excellent. Loved that they had so many items that were unique (at least to me).

Pros: unique items, delicious

Cons: little shabby, light on fresh greens (like all Indian)

super tasty vegan offerings - Edit

i ate the weekend lunch buffet at this out of the way, small reaturant and i was VERY pleased. when i asked the hostess what was vegan on the buffet, she took me over and showed me before we were seated. out of 19 items on the buffet, 16 were vegan!! all was hot and fresh from the tomato soup, to the uthappam, several curries, a noodle dish, and fresh chapathy. each table was also served hot masala dosas. is the building small? yes. is the decor stale? yes. but, with a high quality of spicy, savory vegan food, all that fades into the background for me. i will most def make the 1.25 hr drive at least twice a month.

Pros: vegan , prices, selections

Cons: out of the way

Excellent, excellent, excellent. Need I say more. - Edit

I travel frequently and it is difficult to find nice family home style cooking. The food is awesome, prices great, service wonderful and the list goes on and on. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone seeking out a Veg place to eat.

We drove from downtown charlotte and it was worth the drive. Just remember to leave a positive review afterwards. Next time I am in town I will come here and leave satisfied.

Great Sunday Buffet - Edit

My vegan husband and I met in Charlotte on short notice this weekend, and were happy to find this place on Happy Cow since we were not familiar with the area. The waitstaff were good and friendly, and pointed out the few non-vegan items on the buffet for him. We used the free Wi-Fi. The buffet was diverse and tasty, and the decor and bathrooms were nice. The only drawbacks were that someone used a noisy dustbuster to clean the diningroom floor during the peak of lunchtime hours, and my booth seat was lumpy- minor stuff. The price for the buffet was very reasonable, and one look at the diverse menu made us wish they were located closer to us in Knoxville.

Great Indian Food - Edit

I disagree with another poster about it being difficult for vegans - all you have to do is ask! We went on a slow Sunday afternoon and had great service and the food was fresh and wonderful. In fact, craving it right now!

Pros: all-veg, extensive menu

Cons: location, decor outdated

EXCELLENT FOOD but Difficult for Vegans - Edit

This place is not too far away from where I live. Its in a nook of a location that is small and quaint, don't expect a 5 star operation. The taste of the food really makes up for that though, its superb!

The menu could have more detail to help distinguish which meals contain dairy/egg and which don't but the staff was helpful and willing to recommend dishes to fit our tastes and needs.

Over all its a very pleasant dining experience for people who love their food full of flavor and free of meat, truly its bursting with flavor and great texture you will not miss meat even if you aren't veg/vegan.

Pros: Flavorful, Wide variety, No Meat

Cons: Difficult to find Vegan Options on menu

Absolutely Spectacular Food - Edit

This restaurant has, by far, the best Indian food I've ever tasted. It's just so well cooked and the flavors exceed other Indian restaurants I've tried. You can't really compare this restaurant with Udipi, because Udipi seems a little more traditional, vegetarian based, and surrounds curries.

So with that said, otherwise, it's good comparatively...as in, they have a lot of the same dishes that other Indian restaurants around Charlotte have, but theirs taste so much better.

I highly recommend this restaurant. Don't be put off by the decor, or lack there of, the real magic is what's going on in the kitchen.

Pros: Delicious Food, Nice and Helpful Staff, Excellent Prices

Cons: Outdated Decor

Best Indian restaurant ever! - Edit

It is 100% vegetarian. And this place has the best tasting Indian food of any Indian restaurant I have tried. And I have tried many (at least 20).

Their dosais are great, especially the ones with hot peppers in them. The vegetable kormas have a super smooth and creamy sauce. I really recommend trying the appetizer sampler platter. One dish they have, gobi manchurian, is not exactly Indian (more like Chinese), but it is also one of my favorites.

They now have a buffet on the weekends before 3 pm.

Pros: incredible food, decent prices, very clean

Cons: bland atmosphere

Return to Charlotte Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Woodlands Pure Veg closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5335 times since Aug 2007.