Woodlands - Marylebone Lane

+44-20-74863862

77 Marylebone Lane, London, England, W1U 2PS

Re-opened summer 2014 after renovation. Modern setting and features South Indian vegetarian cuisine. Directions: Jubilee/Central line take Bond Street station exit, or Central Line take Oxford Street station exit. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 6:00pm-10:30pm, Sat-Sun 12:00pm-10:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Indian, Beer/Wine

First Review by natz

Simply awful... - Edit

One of the worst Indian meals ive ever eaten.Tepid food,badly cooked.AVOID!

Pros: none

Cons: cooking

vegans be warned - Edit

While this is a vegetarian restaurant, and they even boast having a separate vegan menu,sadly they do not take vegan seriuosly. I was disappointed that the server and manager came to my table four times to retrieve items they had claimed were prepared vegan that were in fact not. It's never good when someone asks how vegan are you with a vegan menu in hand! It breaks my heart to have this complaint of a vegetarian restaurant.

Pros: they were nice-ish apologizing, clean

Cons: false claims and lack of understanding

edible not delightful - Edit

This wasn't stellar Indian food

Pros: location, fresh juice

Cons: bland food, pricey

Yummie South Indian Food! - Edit

Delicious South Indian veggie food, lots of choices, also for vegans. I had a vegan thali, i.e., a variety of dishes served on a platter in small metal bowls along with a dosa (a pancake made from rice batter and black lentils). Staff was friendly. The place was nice and clean but a bit crowded, they had to send people away so I was lucky that I had made a reservation. Not cheap, but the food was really worth it!

Pros: excellent food, variety, all-vegetarian place

Good selection of Indian veggie food - Edit

Tucked away in a side street,its easy to miss. They have a huge selection of dishes, many of which you don't see at your local curry house.

Service was fast and efficient and the decor is clean and crisp. They don't do paneer from the tandoor at lunch time, so I had paneer tikka masala, rice, chapatti and an orange juice. The food is very well done, but it came to around £18 with service, which is a bit steep.

A good place for romantic evening meals or business lunch on expenses. A bit expensive, for me, to be an everyday lunchtime venue.

Pros: Wide range of foods, Vegan friendly, Well cooked

Cons: Price

great indian food - Edit

My aunt and I ate at the Woodlands while in London. I had CHANNA MASALA- Tender chick peas simmered in a delicious tomato & light masala sauce. Ideally eaten with a bathura. I did order the bathura, which is a VERY LARGE fluffy bread. All of it was delicious. Indian is my favorite ethnic food and enjoy trying different restaurants.

To drink I had the orange and apple juice. Very refreshing.

Pros: food

Not for me! - Edit

I ordered a nut cutlet and was assured it was a main course. I was charged a main course price but only a tiny cutlet and nothing else was served. Waiters were not helpful either. I had to go to another restaurant for my lunch!!
I've had to give it 2 stars because it's totally vegetarian but really it shouldn't have any.

Pros: Can't think of any

Cons: Staff, Food

Great South Indian Food! - Edit

We went to the Woodlands restaurant by Piccadilly Circus but doesn't seem to be listed on this website for review - i'm sure they're the same though. Walked in without a booking on a Sat evening and they were happy to accomodate us. Nice bottle of wine and too much choice on the menu, especially for vegans!! Good to try lots of Indian dishes you don't usually get in your standard curry house. We had a mushroom masala dosa which was huge, a veggie curry (can't remember the exact type) and two types of breads to go with (much nicer than usual Naans). We didn't order a starter and whilst the portions looked huge we could have eaten more so would recommend two courses or ordering some sides with main. Didn't get offered a dessert menu so no idea about those. Bill came to the same as we pay in Bham so i'd call that cheap in the centre of London on a Sat night. Recommended!

Pros: great food, fast service, cheap for london

Cons: sketchy service (no desserts offered), smallish portions

Return to London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Woodlands - Marylebone Lane closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.