CLOSED: Woodlands

562-860-6500

11833 Artesia Blvd (at Little India), Artesia, California, USA, 90701

Over the year this restaurant went from veg to non-veg, and as of 2015 with new ownership it is pure veg again. Large space. APR 2016 REPORTED SHUT. Open Tue-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm, Tue-Thu 5:30pm-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 5:30pm-10:00pm, Sat-Sun 11:30am-3:00pm, Sun 5:30pm-9:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Catering

First Review by veganpig

Come ready - Edit

There is a large menu, and considering it was the first time my family and I had gone to an Indian restaurant, we were very confused. There is a large menu so I'm not too sure how fresh the food is but give it a try if you'd like (:

Pretty good - Edit

Stopped by this restaurant to check it out.. Found out that now it went back being a vegetarian restaurant again! Lots of vegan option selections. Flavors were pretty good. 1-2 dishes were on the salty side. Order Chef's special if you want to try a variety of different flavors. We are glad that there's another Indian restaurant to choose from when in the area!

Pros: vegan options

Closed - Edit

Went there looking on 2nd Jan, and there was no sign of it. Turns out it is now closed.

lost - Edit

first i got lost getting there.then i was lost with the menu but i loved the soup.I asked the waiter for anything vegan.idk what the hell i was eating but it was great!!

Pros: nice place, good food

Cons: the language

Just OK - Edit

I have a new office in Cerritos so I was happy to see that there were some veg friendly resteraunts in Little India. I went here with a coworker who loves meat, but was open to go vegie for a day. The buffett was nicley priced and the masala tea was excellent. We both enjoyed the meal at the time, but later that evening, we both had tummy trouble! It's not that we over induldged. The food just sat really heavy. I LOVE Indian food, but I will not be going back. There is much bettr Indian food to be had!

Pros: affordable, friendly service

Cons: food sat heavy

Used to be Veg - Edit

Was here for the first time in Dec 09 and am pleased to write a review on HappyCow. My friend and I were in the neighborhood, so we decided to come here for lunch.

Woodlands restaurant is located inside a large shopping center, tucked in the corner. The space inside is huge with many tables. It seems to be a venue used for Indian banquets. The lightining is dim. Has an old school, Indian restaurant feel. We actually ran into a couple friends here.

At lunchtime, there is an all you can eat buffet. It's only $7.95, as of this writing, and it comes with a serving of dosa. What a bargain. The buffet spread includes samosas, a few breads, some condiments, and mains. The dishes were not labeled, and our waiter didn't seem to understand when we asked which were vegan only dishes. Luckily, our friends were there to help us as they sometimes eat at this restaurant.

The thing about Indian food for me personally is that when I eat it, I enjoy it, and I enjoyed my meal here. I liked the spices and the flavors. BUT it's afterwards that I suffer. Later on in the day I felt a bit bloated and was burping up the spices. That's my relationship with Indian food. Oh well.

The menu is extensive. Lots of dosas, breads, Indian snacks, and other dishes.

Pros: inexpensive, dosas galore, casual and friendly

Cons: dairy not labeled, old school decor

Good suggestions - Edit

I went here a while ago and was a little lost, I didn't know what to order, but the server gave me some suggestions and I was very pleased and full! We shared 2 combos which came with some dessert. It was different, but good.

Love this place! - Edit

I found this place when I used to live near it and went there often. The food is really good and flavorful and the portions are generous. If you go to their website they have coupons you can print and use. I recommend calling ahead to order (menu is on their website) because it takes a while as I think they make the food fresh. I was absolutely addicted to this place and only wish I still lived near by.

Pros: Good portions, Great flavor

Cons: Long wait if you don't call ahead

Return to Artesia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Woodlands closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1921 times.