Woodbine Chinese Cuisine

703-794-1668

13456 Dumfries Rd, Manassas, Virginia, USA, 20112

Serves meat, vegan options available. A casual Chinese restaurant with a large dining space and a large menu. Separate vegetarian menu list with vegan options, including tofu dishes, vegetable dishes, vegan chicken and beef with choice of sauce. Open Mon-Sun 10:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Chinese, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by nlatt001

Classic Chinese Takeout - Edit

This restaurant has a large selection of vegan options. Aside from the "vegan chicken" and the "vegan beef" on the menu, they've got a bunch of bean curd/tofu and vegetable options. The vegan chicken is a mock meat product that is firm and sliced into chunks. The vegan beef is seitan and has a texture that I prefer to the vegan chicken. Because you can vary the sauces and order steamed vegetables from the "healthy" menu, you can vary your order for quite a lot of variety.

The food is good, but not great. It's quality is on par with most Chinese takeout places. The portions are large and are usually served with steamed, white rice. Unlike some Chinese takeouts, the vegetables here retain their integrity and flavors. The vegetables can get lost in the sauce, though, because the sauces are very thick and sweet.

I've dined at the restaurant twice and had poor service both times, which is bizarre because there's rarely anyone in the place. The first time, I had to repeatedly ask for a refill for my drink and the server disappeared for great lengths of time. The second time, the server wandered away to speak with a salesman. I only order takeout or delivery now, and it's improved my perception of the business.

Delivery is usually quick, though I've had the sauce from my dish spill over and soak the rest of the bag and contents on more than one occasion.

All in all, go here to satisfy your Chinese takeout craving. If you can pick it up yourself, you'll save yourself a mess. I wouldn't recommend dining in.

Pros: Large portions, Lots of variety

Cons: Unpleasant atmosphere, Inattentive staff, Language barrier

Return to Manassas Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Woodbine Chinese Cuisine closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.