Wondergood

Contact +49-6920162762

Preungesheimer Str 1, Frankfurt, Germany, 60389

Offers a vegan menu with focus on healthy and using fresh produce from the region and in organic quality. Since 2013. Also operates a bistro location inside Veganz market.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Western, Beer/Wine, European, Fusion

First Review by roukinrulgirl

Dinner of Awesomeness - Edit

I've been to this wonderful small restaurant with my brother and my parents. Even though we all have entirely different food preferences, each of the four of us enjoyed our meal and went home happily. The apple crumble with vanilla sauce we had for desert was the tip of the taste-iceberg.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Nice Vibe, Super Tasty

Cons: Uncertainty about origion of chanterelles

Not bad - Edit

I liked the atmosphere here - it's a nice space and staff are friendly. I also liked that the menu wasn't super massive - a page for starters, a page for mains, and a section for desserts.
We ended up ordering the bread & aioli, the Wondergood Burger, and a small salad.
The aioli was very nice and the burger was even better. Didn't like the salad mainly because there was a lot of dressing and I didn't think the dressing tasted very nice - it might have been better if the dressing would have been served separately.
Other than that: I didn't think the prices for food were overly expensive, but drinks are overpriced in relation to their serving sizes.
All in all a good evening out, though.

Pros: Creative menu, Nice atmoshere, Big food portions

Cons: Drinks are overpriced, Service could be better

very good all-vegan restaurant - Edit

Very nice all-vegan restaurant in the most veg-friendly part of Frankfurt, Bornheim. They change the menu very often, and seasonal ingredients are used. So there are always new dishes to discover, and even though the menu isn’t that vast, there’s always something for everyone. I’ve been there several times and will surely come back.

In general I like the food very much, many of their dishes are creative and interesting, but avoid their pasta dishes. They don’t seem to get it right in terms of cooking time very often (one time my noodles were cooked way to long, at another occasion a friend of mine had a similar experience). The prices are a bit steep – on the other hand, Frankfurt is an expensive city…and we all know that veganised items are pricier than their non-vegan counterparts…

Great place! - Edit

The atmosphere in the restaurant is cozy and welcoming - both outdoors and indoors. the quality of the food is good and well presented. the service is good, but could be more attentive and patient. this restaurant is very good and recommend it.

creative vegan food - Edit

A lot has already been said about the food and our choices also were very tasty and creative!
One has to bring enough time as it is certainly not "fast" food. ;-) But well worth the wait.

Cons: bring enough time, not inexpensive

Limited lunch options - Edit

Had lunch there recently and was a bit disappointed. It was a choice of only three dishes, each served with salad and beverage for 9.50 euros. I had a potato and vegetable dish which, although tasty, left me a bit unsatisifed. The portions were just barely adequate for the price, and the salad (though extremely tasty) covered half of the not-very-large plate. Since there were no appetizers or other salad options, I would have had to order a second lunch dish just to be full, not very economical. In short, don't plan on this being your largest meal of the day. Dinner may be another story, but the prices are of course much higher. For dessert I had a coconut panna cotta which was quite tasty.

Warning: If you reserve online, you will be routed through quandoo, and all they do is spam. So either enter a bogus e-mail address or reserve by phone.

Pros: spacious, nice ambiance, gluten-free options

Cons: small lunch portions, limited lunch menu

Bad experience - Edit

Restaurant manager is not vegan and he was talking me that he eat 'bio' meat... hey! I don't go to a vegan restaurant to ear the same stupid things that I ear habitually at a non-vegan restaurant. A very bad experience and I will not return if don't change the manager.
The food very good.

Pros: Good food

Cons: Restaurant Manager, Very expensive

es könnte so schön sein... - Edit

wirklich super Essen! aber warum ist die Location denn so schlecht :( ich fand es zu hell und ungemütlich, dass ich dann doch auf meinen Cocktail verzichtet habe und direkt nach dem Essen gegangen bin. wie gesagt, geschmacklich war es wirklich erste Sahne, aber da sehr wenig platz vorhanden ist, fehlt mir persönlich die Gemütlichkeit und Privatsphäre beim essen.

Pros: super vegane karte, preise sind okay

Cons: nicht sehr gemütlich keine Privatsphäre für meinen

Very good vegan restaurant - Edit

I was there once for dinner and it was just perfect as a really nice restaurant, but not uber-fancy. The selection and the food was very good, staff was friendly, nice interior design. Great for a nice evening out.

Pros: yummy, good selection

Food tastes great, sometimes more love necessary - Edit

Wondergood could have it all...

The kitchen is very creative (though not very healthy as they use too much lookalike products made of seitan, soy, "cheese" etc, but taste and health do not always go hand in hand) and the restaurant is a great option for you if you are looking for a fine vegan dining with your loved one(s)...

Lunch is also a good tip, if you like cooked food - price is fair, including a salad and soft drink for 9,5 Euros.

Concerning a warm welcome or a short chat at the table: If the owner happens to serve you, you might miss that. The rest of the staff is "comme ci, comme ca".

But, come, see, test, decide for yourself.

Frankfurt's best vegan restaurant - Edit

I’ve been to Wondergood together with my wife two evenings since it opened and I really like the food. The menu changes every fortnight usually having 4 to 5 starters and the same amount of mains. The dessert menu is limited, though. But we don’t mind as we hardly ever order a dessert. :) All we ordered was delicious and extraordinary.

It can be very crowded in the evenings, especially on Saturdays, so reservations might be a good idea. Though the overall atmosphere is very nice, I must admit that we found the seating a bit uncomfortable. But that’s all to complain about.

Pros: extraordinary food, nice atmosphere, good value

Cons: uncomfortable seating

Excellent food in lovely setting - Edit

This is a beautiful but casual restaurant with really good, healthy vegan food. We had a seitan dish with potatoes and onions and carrots, delicious. A chickpea curry had pineapple and butternut squash, also very good. Excellent red wine from Germany.

The staff speaks English, though there is no English menu. We deciphered what we could and just took a chance, didn't regret it.

My only complaint is that the service was slow, 2pm on a Friday afternoon, not sure if that's usual. Otherwise, highly recommended.

Pros: Excellent food, Lovely decor

Cons: Slow service, A little far from city center

Delicious, fresh and affordable - Edit

They have two different dishes for lunch. I had a chiabatta with grilled vegetables, a big sidesalad an a vegan 'Fritz-Lemonade'. My friend had a vegetable and tofu-filled homemade wrap, also with salad and lemonade. We both loves the fresh and delicious taste. It costs less than € 10 p.P.

Return to Frankfurt Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wondergood closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 4662 times since Aug 2013.