Wonderful Vegetarian

Linju Road South, Lhasa (at Jiangsu Road, near west gate of Tibet University), Tibet, China,

聚财素店, at 林聚南路 (江苏路). Has English menu that features a wide variety of hot dishes consisting of vegetable, mushroom, tofu, and mockmeat. Mostly Sichuan style dishes. Also snacks, soups, cold dishes, and drinks. Simple food with little herbs and spices. Uses onion but not egg or dairy. No alcohol or smoking. Sells some health food products, such as vegan food colorings. Open Mon-Sun 9:30am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Chinese, Take-out, Tibetan

First Review by vegan_simon

My Favourite Vegetarian Food In Lhasa - Edit

I have tried out a few Vegetarian Restaurants in Lhasa for the past month. Lucky Vegetarian is probably by far my favourite. Service is good and the food is really delicious, and most of my Vegetarian friends thought so too.

Menu has both Chinese and English, many dishes are great and tasty. Prices ranges from cheap to moderate. For example, a plate of delicious fried noodles cost you 15yuan but some dishes would cost up to 35yuan. They also serves hot pot (pre-order) but I have yet to try it.

On a cold autumn or winter day, it would be great if one tries the boiled spicy vegetarian susage that cost only 25 yuan The dish is one big bowl of vegetables and vegetarian susages. With 2 bowls of rice (this is because it tastes so good that you would definitely go for another bowl of rice) it would only set you back 29 yuan for a delicious meal!
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 13, 2012

Pros: excellent food, good value

good place to stay for longer - Edit

Together with my friends we stay in Lhasa 2 days. We eat only there. Very tasty food with good positive energy. We recommend that place to all veg visiting Lhasa.

Pros: good food, friendly staff, big portions

Cons: littlebit too much fat in food

comfy, delicious, dedicated to veganism - Edit

i agree that this is the best vegan place in Lhasa. It's plain but comfy & quiet and you feel that the food is prepared with love, it's homestyle-cooking.

The second day i lunched here they were playing Buddhist-eco videos (in Chinese) so you feel a dedication to animal rights and the web address "www.loveusnoteatus.com" is displayed prominently. I received a free Tibetan Buddhist book (in English and Chinese) from here too.

I had various dishes on my two visits here: eggplant; corn & cashew; fried dumplings ('jiao zi'), etc, .. and all were cheap and scrumptious!

There are two floors for dining, and BTW, the big sign outside reads "LUCKY VEGETARIAN RESTAURANT" with "Wonderful Dodrupeng Monastery" in smaller print above (I'll send a photo later). I thoroughly recommend this place - especially because the eateries in the Tibetan temples in Lhasa are not all-vegetarian!

Pros: non-smoking, no alcohol, good value

Return to Tibet Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wonderful Vegetarian closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1232 times since Aug 2007.