Wok N Roll

Contact 562-597-8783

4756 E Pacific Coast Hwy, Long Beach, California, USA, 90804

Serves meat, vegan options available. Chinese food restaurant. Reported the chow mein is made fresh daily and has vege meats like soy chicken and veggie beef. Uses vegetable oil. Main entrees are priced by regular portion and large portion.

Category: Chinese, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by vegansheryl

Good vegan options - Edit

Brought the family here to try something new. We ordered a family meal that included fried rice, chow mein, 8 veggie rolls and 4 large entrees. We tried the chicken teriyaki (basically tofu with teriyaki sauce) peppered "beef", broccoli "beef", and orange "beef"

All of these were pretty tasty. My son was not a fan of the orange beef. It was some type of ball of protein but it was hard to tell what it was. I thought it was ok but he was disappointed.

Overall, it was a good place for an asian options. They also advertise that their food is low in sodium which is nice for this type of cuisine. They also gave us a a free coconut tiramisu desert. It was great! We ended up buying the carrot cake and choclate cake options to take home. The were all made by a company called veganTiramisu.com The restaurant also serves vegan ice cream but we did not try it this time.

Pros: Low Sodium, Lots of Vegan options, Made to order

Cons: Upcharge for vegan

For vegan food its pretty darn good :] - Edit

I have been there once. I had the steamed rice, chow mein, garlic "chicken", and the "chicken"/mushrooms. That meal cost me $8, the mushrooms looked weird and the "chicken" was ok. The garlic "chicken" tastes good with the white rice. The people that work there are friendly and the actual place is a nice place to sit and eat. Overall I was very satisfied with everything and very full. I would definitely go back and try all the other veggie/vegan food they serve.

Pros: variety, time, friendly

Cons: price, taste

I Love Wok and Roll! - Edit

Great selection and they will literally make you whatever you want vegetarian wise... I was told that anything on the menu can be made to order, just ask and you shall receive... Everything is imported from Taiwan and is fresh and natural... no MSG or preservatives or day old buffets! This place has more vegetarian selections/options than some strictly vegetarian restaurants that I have been to!

Pros: Great selection, friendly staff, Good prices

dull food - Edit

i went to wok-n-roll for take-out of their vegetarian food. the service was fast and friendly, and the parking was easy. ordered the curry "chicken," and felt like it was kind of plain with dull veggies. could have been better.

simple and savory - Edit

The veggie options are listed on a sign to the left as you enter. It is indeed made to order, so don't be fooled by the food ready for take out- none of that is veggie-friendly. I tried the "beef" and broccoli, which was quite good. You can choose white or brown rice. The serving is very large. It is conveniently near the traffic circle and makes for a great lunch stop. The dining atmosphere is casual and you can opt for take-out.

Pros: pros-good value, pros-friendly staff, pros-large portions

yummy! - Edit

This place is great. The owner is very friendly and took several minutes to tell us about his restaurant. He makes all his own sauces, makes his chow mein, and has a separate cooking area for the vegetarian cooking. This is not an all veggie restaurant, but he will make pretty much anything you can think of vegetarian.

Wok n Roll Woks!!! ^+^ - Edit

I tried it out after reading some reviews, and have been back 3 times in the past 2 days just to try out all the different kinds of veggie options they have. They've got amazing Teriyaki chicken cute little chicken nuggets, all guilt free of course!! It seems like there's always a steady flow of vegetarians going in, and they make the vegetarian en trees fresh to order. I love this place!!!

Pros: tastes great, lots of options, helpful staff

Cons: alittle on the $$ side for take away, not 100% veggie restraunt!!

YUMMY - Edit

YEAHHH vegan food! My husband eats meat (yuck) and I am a vegan so it's hard to please us both. We both LOVE this place. I devour the orange "chicken". The garlic "chix" is pretty good. The chow mein noodles (or whatever they are is ok. EAT HERE SUPPORT VEGETARIAN BUSINESSES!!!

Return to Long Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wok N Roll closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1805 times since Aug 2007.