International
Fusion
Gluten-free
Breakfast
Greek

Vegan restaurant at the Niki Athens Hotel. Serves plant-based bio food and drinks including toast with different toppings like guacamole or carrot-lox, curry bowls, mac n cheese, curry, and vegan poke. Est. 2020. Open Wed-Fri 5:00pm-11:30pm, Sat 2:00pm-12:00am, Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm. Kitchen closes 30min before close.

Venue map for Winners Vegan Restaurant
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by StephanieKarinHaugen

MickelVanSlobbe

Points +944

24 Feb 2024

Heerlijk!

Luxe diner. Prijzig maar zeker waard!
Gezellige sfeer. Aardige bediening

Yaya-vegan

Points +75

14 Feb 2024

Delicious vegan food and relaxed vibe

The food and service were amazing and we loved the relaxed atmosphere - one of the songs played became the soundtrack of our mini-break!

SuzetMiedema

Points +559

20 Jan 2024

Good food, nicely priced

During my stay in Athens I went to Winners VGN, it was surprisingly close to the hotel and had an all vegan menu, rated one of the best restaurants in Athens 💚

We reserved a table because it was Saturday, some tables were booked as well, but not extremely busy.

Service was OK, the waitress was friendly. The menu was super nice and there were so many nice options that it was hard to choose.

We had the banana curry (but then the dish of the day with udon noodles), the Indonesian dish and the sweet potato side dish.
We liked everything but the side dish was to sweet according to our taste.

Would definitely recommend to go here when you visit Athens. The restaurant is located one street from Syntagma Squire

Pros: Menu , Location , Service

Eirini Drakaki

Points +109

13 Dec 2023

Excellent for vegans and omnis

One of my favourite restaurants for sure. It's a more fancy vibe and all the food is always delicious and changes seasonally. It's expensive though,so we go there for special occasions.

Pros: Tasty food , Amazing cocktails , Nice vibe

Cons: Expensive

SaraNorlin

Points +2869

25 Nov 2023

Good food

The soup of the day and the juice were really good. The ambience was pretty LA. They had an extensive menu and comfortable seating. I'm curious to try their brunch next time

Kriscatch

Points +234

05 Nov 2023

Super nice and authentic

I went two nights in a row because it’s so great! Nice range of creative and carefully prepared super tasty dishes. Very friendly staff.

kafca

Points +202

12 Oct 2023

Gourmet comes to vegan

This is simply one of the great restaurants of the world. Every dish is meticulous and flavoursome in an original way. The boring sounding LA Salad is it taste sensation. Is there a version of a poke bowl with watermelon dumplings. It sounds strange, but every bit of it was special, including the rice itself which is seasoned in the most unusual way. Before leaving, you must have the brownie which is coated in a delicious berry chocolate sauce. This is a place to be experienced once in your life. There are other vegan restaurants around Athens, and many of them charge similar prices, but this is one where every euro is well spent. The service is superb to. Just try it once.

Pros: Astonishing flavours, Great variety , The service

Cons: If you want cheaper, go to a felafel bar

TeyaDuncan

Points +214

10 Oct 2023

This dinner was a winner lol

The food here is so flavourful, inventive, fresh and exciting. The chef here is a genius.
It’s definitely pricey but the quality is next to none. Well worth it!

Updated from previous review on 2023-10-10

Helvete

Points +114

02 Oct 2023

Good but too pricy

Had the dynamite and a cocktail. Both were good but the food is too pricy for what you get

sitdownryder

Points +190

Vegetarian
28 Sep 2023

Athens best vegan fine dining

Lots of choice in selection with lots to flavours we had the protein bowl, meatless balls and the pumpkin pasta and all was very delicious

Pros: Fine dining, Good choices

catsonkegs

Points +164

25 Sep 2023

Amazing vegan food, great specials!

Had an awesome dinner with my husband while in Athens. They have a great menu as well as amazing specials. They also have an English menu

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-25

Pros: All vegan menu , English menu , Great drinks

Roonil_Wazlib

Points +342

16 Sep 2023

Delicious

Nice choices from burgers to raw pad thai to pasta to bowls. Only the dessert options weren’t for me. Taste wise 10/10. A bit pricey. Nice cocktails

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-16

Pros: Options, Cocktails, Taste

Cons: Price, Desserts (also pricy), No starters

GusM

Points +32

11 Sep 2023

Best in Athens

Winners is attached to the Niki Hotel and the food was delicious. It’s within walking distance of city center and it’s great to be able to consume a meal without concerns of the ingredients. The wait staff was very good at explaining what went into each meal and helped us decide on main dishes and deserts. You can’t go wrong choosing anything on the menu which makes supporting this vegan restaurant that much easier.

Updated from previous review on 2023-09-11

ricardogabr

Points +152

05 Sep 2023

Delicious food and cocktail

Lovely atmosphere and fantastic cocktail. Not cheap but not ridiculously expensive either. Staff was very nice.

Pros: Food, Cocktails

JonJon

Points +20134

21 Aug 2023

Top quality food and taste in Athens!

Winners is also one of my favorite restaurants in Athens. Very chic and pleasant, the place offers high-quality vegan cuisine. The inspiration is mostly Asian, but not exclusively. We tried their pad thai and a noodle curry, both of which were exceptional. We also had a pavlova for dessert, which was offered to us by the venue for no particular reason! Prices are a little higher than elsewhere, but well worth the trip.

Pros: amazingly tasty food, top quality, pleasant place, friendly staff

erino219

Points +65

02 Aug 2023

Amazing!

My husband and I had an incredible dinner at Winners. Everything from the drinks to dessert were so good! We started with the kale salad. I got the smoked tofu bowl and my husband got a special (poke bowl with watermelon “tuna”). I wish there was a vegan restaurant this good back home. The staff were also kind and attentive. The bartender even came over to explain my mixed drink in more detail.

Prudith

Points +435

18 Jul 2023

My Off Menu main!

Loved our meal at Winners Vegan. I had a curried noodle dish off the specials menu, and I think it was the best thing I've ever eaten. Accompanied by delicious wine, and followed be a meringue pudding. We were a bit worried that they'd be really busy, so booked ahead, but it would have been fine to just turn up, there was loads of space.

YasminIM

Points +192

18 Jul 2023

Exotic taste

Winners is a very nice restaurant. It has a very cool atmosphere. For sure the food served there is not your everyday food. The dishes are quite unique, having unexpected combinations. If you are not willing to take "food risks" I would not go there. The presentation is gorgeous.

flaviozavan

Points +455

14 Jul 2023

Winner indeed

This place was a nice change compared to what is available in my local area. Most of the dishes are quite different than what I usually have, and I was interesting to try new flavors. Everything was super tasty.

Pros: Taste, Many options, Interesting options

forrey

Points +183

29 Jun 2023

I’ve eaten in vegan restaurants all over the world. This was one of the very best!

Truly everything was unbelievable, from the interior design to the service to the food. There’s a lot of good vegan food in the world, but very little groundbreakingly creative vegan food. This place is so creative with their ingredients, textures, and flavors. An amazing amazing experience!

Pros: Good, Service, Vibes

Poundie

Points +13006

28 Jun 2023

World class restauarant

This is a top-notch destination restaurant, upscale yet relaxed with lovely decor and friendly staff. The food is not inexpensive, but for the quality and portions of the food they serve, the prices are actually quite reasonable. The food is all bio and vegan, and the flavors are tantalizing. The items are definitely not of the generic sort; for instance, most of the sauces are made in-house. For vegans or those who like vegan food, this is a must-visit place while in Athens.

ElenaPapagavriel

Points +392

23 Jun 2023

Wonderful vegan fine dining experience in Athens centre!

The atmosphere is beautiful! The service, starting from the professional reservation process, the warm and friendly welcome to the polite, attentive and delightful table service was excellent. I had the Indonesian Bowl, which was delicious, and for dessert the Lemon Pavlova, which tasted like it was made in heaven. Every single bite was a euphoric sensation.

BreeMonroe

Points +28

22 Jun 2023

Excellent Food!

Winners Salad was delicious!!! I had the special Extra Spicy Curry Noodle … was out of this world!!

Pros: Food , Drinks, Ambience

EmilyHundt

Points +85

22 Jun 2023

A must try for any vegan in Athens

My husband (non-vegan) and I (vegan) went here multiple times over our week-long stay in Greece. Winners is conveniently located by the Sytagma square where we took the public transit each day. Coffee, juices, mains, desserts - all delicious. They also have daily specials not listed, so make sure to listen before you make up your mind!

Pros: Amazing flavors, Knowledgeable, English-speaking staff, Calming atmosphere

LisaSpykers

Points +6714

17 Jun 2023

Good if you have money to burn

For what is fairly straightforward food, I was surprised at the price of the dishes which are no different to Amsterdam prices. I ordered the Indonesian bowl and while the flavors were okay, the tempeh was sour and they're wasn't enough going on in the meal to justify a €16 rice dish (one of the cheapest on the menu!) The cocktails are equally pricey. I guess it is due to the location and fancy hotel it is attached too, but for Greece, this place is way too expensive for this type of food.

Updated from previous review on 2023-06-17

theNumberOfTheBeast

18 Jun 2023

Laurah99

Points +51

14 Jun 2023

Delicious variety of all vegan food

Really good food, great setting and friendly staff. They even gave us a free dessert!
We had the pumpkin pasta and the mushroom noodles and they were both really delicious. The lemon pavlova was particularly good!

Updated from previous review on 2023-06-14

Pros: Great range of options , Beautiful setting , Friendly staff

saul cups

Points +69

03 Jun 2023

Random, incompatible flavors tossed together

I was really looking forward to trying Winners, given the overwhelmingly positive reviews. What a disappointment. None of the dishes sounded at all appetizing—the one I ended up settling on (noodles with meatballs) was awful. The grilled vegetables were lightly cooked, no olive oil, salt, or other seasoning added. In the same bowl with the noodles, “grilled” vegetables, and meatballs, were raw cucumbers, carrots, and a lemon wedge, for reasons I cannot even fathom. The sauce was spicy (ok with me) but lacking any other positive attribute, and the meatballs were dry and slightly burnt. My companions were not any more impressed with their dishes. Compared with other restaurants, it was expensive too. Skip Winners and go to Veganaki instead.

Cons: Flavors were incompatible, random, didnt work , Lack of appetizers on the menu, Very little on menu was at all appetizing