American
Bakery

Vegan cafe at the Village on High, opened in January 2011. With indoor cafe seating for 20. Offers an assortment of sandwiches, soups, wraps, sushi, and a full selection of baked goods. Hours may be reduced for take out during Covid-19 restrictions; call ahead. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-6:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-8:00pm, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm.

First Review by outofreachnj

clsmooth

03 Sep 2023

Fresh food

My husband and I stumble on wildflower earthly vegan while in bridgeton. We had the seitan and bean burger wrap. Yummy ingredients were fresh and we enjoyed every bit of it. Oh don’t forget the chocolate cookies 🍪.

almondeyes

Points +233

Vegetarian
03 Aug 2023

Adorable place, quick service, friendly staff

I was totally surprised there is a vegan place in Millville. They basically offer smoothies, salads, wraps, and desserts. Service was quick; I did not have to wait long when I walked in to order and take out. I ordered 2 wraps and a smoothie; all were tasty.

There is indoor seating with an absolute awesome ceiling; tin panels (or what looks like that). The cafe is tucked away with other shack sized businesses in a very unique area; I’ve never seen such a place in another town.

I absolutely loved that music was not blaring…. it is a huge turn off for me to be in places with music especially turned up. I don’t think I recall any playing, even….. perfect!

Updated from previous review on 2023-08-03

Pros: selection, prices are reasonable, friendly woman who took my order

RussJohnson

Points +21

Mostly Veg
31 Jul 2023

Good selection of wraps and smoothies

The staff was very helpful and friendly. The food was obviously prepared with great care and artistically presented.. The wraps were over stuffed. Parking is on the high street. Definitely Cafe ambience with tiny tables, Bentwood chairs, and a tin ceiling.

PC12345

Points +140

27 Apr 2023

A little disappointed, but overall the food was good.

I went there with a few friends. We ordered several different dishes. I personally had a wild mushroom "cheesesteak" and a salad. Both were good, but the sandwich was on a kaiser roll instead of a steak roll. The roll was good, just not the roll I was expecting. The mushroom 'steak' was lacking volume. For a sandwich, it looked as if there were only three or four mushrooms on the sandwich. What I could taste was good, but a 'handful' of mushrooms would have been better. Due to the lack of mushrooms, I would not buy it again.

I also had a dessert. A raspberry parfait. It was plentiful and delicious. My other two friends also picked up desserts and they were happy with what they had. One was a cheesecake and the other was a peach pie.

I have been here several times before. I don't live close by, but the food has always been good. I do recommend the place.

Pros: The food is good, The desserts are varied and very good, The wait stuff was great.

Cons: My sandwich was lacking enough mushrooms

VSnail

Points +336

09 Apr 2023

Revived My Love of Wraps

Remember the 90's when we all loved wraps? I have been off them for a while, but I have to say their seitan wrap brought me back. I loved all the fresh veggies and dressing that were added to the seitan. We also tried the samosa and enjoyed it. My kids like the Tropical Thunder smoothie and power bar. The cheesecake was real treat, but our brownie was raw in the middle.

We will definitely be back the next time we are in the area.

Pros: Friendly staff, Excellent vegan cheesecake

nanitree

Points +1043

18 Jun 2022

Tasty! Great stop on the way to the shore

We stopped at wildflower vegan café on the way to the shore. We got a chocolate banana peanut butter smoothie and a triple berry smoothie. And an Italian sausage seitan wrap. Definitely will stop through again!! Yummy!!

imkaylastarr

Points +42

30 Aug 2021

Local luxury

The best little vegan spot in south jersey. Always good. All the desserts are spot on. One of my favorite spots to go to when I’m visiting my childhood neighborhood

Pros: Vegan, Amazing dessert, Gluten free options

Gobzzz

Points +127

23 Aug 2021

Yummy vegan cafe!

Fresh and tasty. Awesome seitan wrap! My garlic aioli was great. My lunch partner had the bean burger wrap with Chipotle sauce. Smoothie was berry good.
Friendly staff.
Several art studios around the cafe, so it can be a destination for a nice afternoon.

WJK

Points +65

20 Aug 2021

Great food, amazing cupcakes!

We have gone out of our way numerous times to get their cupcakes, and have ordered them for several events. Hoodwinked a lot of friends and family into eating vegan cupcakes without realizing it, and let them know after they've already raved about how good they were! Got'em!

Pros: Amazing cupcakes, Cute outdoor seating surrounded by little shops

MadisonGray

Points +628

25 May 2021

Grateful to have such a lovely local cafe

The Wildflower is my local vegan place and I couldn't be more thankful for it. Their food isn't always fantastic - some specials could use improving - but they make up for it in charm. The cran-almond salad and buffalo tofu wrap are my favorites on their permanent menu. The TVP tacos, sloppy joes, pizzas, lobster rolls, and lasagna are some of their best rotating specials. And of course, there's always top-notch dessert. Some of the best cookies, cupcakes, and cheesecakes I've ever had, usually with soy and gluten free options on offer.

They use organic, locally sourced ingredients when they can and stock kombucha made locally. Unlike a lot of other vegan places now-a-days, their menu is based around plants and healthy food, not a bunch of meat/cheese substitutes. They're completely unpretentious and do things 'the old way', making all their own dressings and sauces.

They frequently give back to the community with donation drives, outreach efforts, and they are trying to open a community center with a vegan kitchen. They sometimes have live music on the third Friday of the month. Outdoor seating in Millville's artist village is lovely and quaint.

I'm so grateful to have this place nearby. Such a good vibe and I just love being here!

Pros: delicious and truly plant-based food, local ingredients and community outreach, greenware and compostable packaging

Cons: some specials could use improving , not a fan of their cashew cheese sauce

StephenCaldwell

Points +42

10 May 2021

Our favorite place to eat when heading to Cape May.

The salads are so tasty, nutritious, and the bowl size is more than enough for two to share.
Same goes for the wraps. The desserts are also full of flavor.
And the prices are more than reasonable.
Eric is pleasant and a joy to converse with.

Pros: Serving size, Tasty, Nutritious

waelkyrig

Points +17

Vegetarian
02 May 2021

Millville's vegan gem

The best place in South Jersey for fresh, mostly locally grown, from scratch vegan meals. Eric and his staff make great food with so much love and passion. Wraps, salads, soups daily with awesome specials on most days. Be sure to hit their dessert case for superb treats from cupcakes to cookie sandwiches to cheezecake to ????. Its always a wonderful surprise.

gorunick

Points +146

01 Jan 2021

Everything is so good!!

Everything I ever tried here is delicious!

Pros: Everything is delicious! , My favorite is the buffalo tofu wrap! , The cheesecakes are to die for!!

oliveeyes

08 Aug 2020

Wow

What a wonderful surprise. We were hiking and hungry. I went on the app and this was the closest Vegan restaurant. So glad that we went. One of the best vegan meals that we have ever had. We even got deserts to go.

Pros: All Vegan, Delicious , Friendly Staff

Msdaggermouth

Points +152

20 Jun 2020

crunchy hippie vibe

I go here pretty much every time I'm in Millville...The food is simple, but it's always good. Their menu changes frequently, and I've never had a bad item. And it's always so fresh and filling! Friendly staff that seem engaged in the community. When Wildflower opened, it was my first exposure to veganism, and I love them for that too :)

Updated from previous review on 2020-06-20

julzapug

Points +20

01 Apr 2020

Great healthy food

Very fresh ingredients and healthy food that’s always filling. They have specials almost every day like pizza, quesadillas, etc. and always stocked with fresh baked goods. Good price, great atmosphere, great food, friendly people. They have the best vegan cheesecake!!

Pros: Good food, Good price, Healthy

thaslam77

07 Feb 2020

Delicious

Just had a Seitan wrap with garlic aioli dressing and a green kale smoothie mix. So well made and full of flavor. I look forward to having more on their menu. So happy to have this Happy Cow app. I’m finding far more available vegan locations that actually make really delicious food.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Fast Service, Friendly Staff

Cons: N\A

GianelleHaws

Points +46

09 Jan 2020

Great local place

Great atmosphere. Great staff. The standard menu is consistent and they mix it up with new flavors and twists from the group in the kitchen. Not always a fan of their soups but once in a while they get it perfect like the carrot turmeric with chickpeas!

Pros: Vegan

Cons: Hours could be better

Yunibri

Points +26

06 Dec 2019

Great place

Cozy vegan eatery right in the center of Millville, NJ.

Jamie_Ross

Points +20

22 Aug 2019

Amazing

Wildflower vegan cafe is my favorite vegan spot I have tried so far. The rockin ranch salad is to die for. It is also a big salad. All of their desserts are amazing. Their workers are lovely and the cafe is adorable. I would recommend to everyone even none vegans. So good that the price is irrelevant.

Pros: Lots of vegan options, Everything is Delicious

MatthewVBogusz

Points +743

11 Aug 2019

So good and delicious

Highly recommend the power salad and seitan wrap. Both are cooked to perfection!

Nickweyman

Points +23

13 Jul 2019

Absolutely Amazing!

My family eats here after church some Sundays. The place is small and eclectic but very inviting. The food delicious! Made fresh to order. I highly recommend this place.

rpb

Points +44

06 Apr 2019

Yum

Eating at Wildflower is a treat. I wish there was one in Gloucester County.

Pros: Tasty food. , Cute cafe.

Cons: Far drive. , Wraps have gotten smaller

MaryCorcoran

Points +40

02 Dec 2018

Super Duper Yummy!

Stopped in while driving through town and was totally impressed with everything —- the peanut butter chocolate pie was to die for 👌🏽👌🏽👍🏽👍🏽

Pros: Fresh food , Amazing desserts!, Phenomenal Service!!

VeganRealist

Points +98

25 Jun 2018

Delicious whole foods

Love the food. I believe most is made from scratch. I recommend if you're in the area.

Pros: Homemade , Vegan , Organic

AllissaDelhagen

Points +77

24 Apr 2018

Delicious!

Lots of vegan options! I had the carrot lentil soup and the buffalo tofu wrap - both were great!

parisi123

Points +32

10 Mar 2018

Incredible restaraunt

A Wildflower in every town!!! This would be a perfect world! I’ll continue to come back any time I come to New Jersey! Wow this place is great, such a good business model and fantastic offerings. The wraps and salads are great as are the soups. What more could a vegan ask for? Oh yeah donuts. They have donuts. And smoothies. Applause to the owners, true visionaries and promoting a vegan diet. Inspiring!!!

Pros: fantastic food, kind and patient staff, All vegan all delicious!!!

Cons: I don’t live in New Jersey, They don’t have a restaraunt where I live, I can’t eat here every day