Wildflower Earthly Vegan Fare

Contact 856-265-7955

501 N High St, Millville, New Jersey, USA, 08332

Vegan cafe at the Village on High, opened in January 2011. With indoor cafe seating for 20. Offers an assortment of sandwiches, soups, wraps, sushi, and a full selection of baked goods. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-6:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by outofreachnj

Half-way to the shore; all-ways vegan - Edit

Wildflower is a great place to get delicious healthy food from people who remember what Millville was like when there where no veg-friendly places. They are truly committed to improving the area. It's worth the slight detour on your way to the shore or wherever else you go in South Jersey. We try to go at least weekly because we believe in supporting the type of businesses we would like to thrive. They genuinely appreciate your patronage and your feedback.
If this is your first visit, may we suggest the seitan wrap and cheesecake. You'll return soon.

Pros: vegan information, special events such as movie nights, host the local VegFest

Very good food and friendly service - Edit

My wife and I did a spring road trip to Wildflower for lunch and we were not disappointed. We ordered the seitan wrap and the bean burger wrap. Both were flavorful and loaded with veggies. The chef is happy to customize the fillings. The desserts we tried, pumpkin roll and cheese cake, were also very good with the cheese cake getting an extra star!
After we were back home, I realized that I had left my jacket in the restuarant so we went back the next day for lunch again. This time we tried the veggie wrap with warm beets. Delicious! All the food is organic and local when available.

Pros: Delicous food, Friendly service

A little hippy-dippy - Edit

My friend and I drove down here to try out their food. It was pretty easy to find the place as it is covered in mosaics and is in this sort of mini artist village. We went during the early spring and there was seating inside, with lots of tables. They set up the place so you order your food at the entrance, then pick a seat. This makes it great for take out. The place was pretty slow, but didn't take too long to get our food.

I wasn't totally wowed by the food, but it was still pretty delicious. I would love to come back for a wrap. We got their ice cream which was so so. I've had better ice cream and it was pretty hard and took awhile to get it to a soft eatable state. I think in general their food is delicious, but I don't think I would bring ALL non-vegans here. The food is pretty darn healthy and therefore is better for a veg-heavy palette. Plus the decor reenforces that hippy vegan stereotype, which doesn't bother me at all.

The only downside I would say is that the bathroom is shared with the other artist shops and is located on the outside of the building. Not a huge deal, but I can image it getting fairly busy when the artists shops are open, particularly during Millville's art fairs.

Overall it's a great place. Lots of food options for vegans, and I think it is great they are took a chance with opening a vegan restaurant in a small town.

Pros: Food is super fresh, Super healthy, Friendly staff

Cons: Bathroom is shared and out of building

Best wraps in the world! - Edit

This is always my stop on my way to Cape May, NJ. The best place to get some delicious and amazing wraps. 5 star food and 5 star service.

Pros: Taste, Best wraps in the world, Service

DELICIOUS vegan food! - Edit

This restaurant is absolutely wonderful! Their kickin kinky ranch salad and their cheesecake is awesome!!! And really everything I've had here is delicious. It's such a gem and the prices are good too. Eat here and you won't be disappointed. I would literally eat here everyday if I could...and that is NOT an exaggeration---totally YUM :)!

Lunch/dinner/dessert - Edit

I've always liked small places, they just seem to me, the definition of a homestyle restaurant. Being able to see people make my food, while we can talk about the more important things in our world means a lot. Oh yeah, it's a good place to eat a delicious vegan meal too! They have live music some nights and always a great, happy atmosphere.
Updated from previous review on Friday March 20, 2015

Pros: Inexpensive, Comfortable, Very Informative

Worth the drive!!!! - Edit

Me and my family go here a few times a month and it is worth the 30+ minute drive! The staff is always so friendly and the menu changes weekly with amazing new lunches/dinners! Everything is homemade and just perfect :)

do not hesitate to try this place, my non-veg friends and family love the place as well!

menu is small but don't let that scare you away, every meal is made with extra love and it shows with the great quality food

Pros: friendly staff, yummy food, 100% vegan

Quaint, Quick, and Quite Delicious! - Edit

Wildflower is such a nice refreshing change to the lack of veggie places in Cumberland County. The food is ALWAYS fresh and homemade. Every meal I have had there has been very filling and satisfying with a perfect balance of veggies and proteins. I have been here a couple times before becomming vegetarian and plan on making it here once or twice a week now.

There is a nice little eat in room next door but I always brought my food home. They claim to use locally and organically grown ingredients. Their desserts are to die for and I always stock up on some powerbars for the week!

Pros: fresh, 100% vegan, delicious

OUTSIDE & INSIDE SEATING - Edit

This place opened a little over a year ago and is getting better and better all the time. Not far off Route 55, it is well worth a short detour when traveling between Philadelphia and the South Jersey shore.Updated/current menu always on line.Menu is not extensive but certainly varied. Unique homemade sauces and dressings are always great.

Pros: generous portions, unique recipes, reasonably priced

Cons: limited hours(but open as advertised)

Best Veggie Wraps! - Edit

My Dad and I eat at Wildflowers every weekend for the past 6 months.We love their veggie wraps,cheesecake,muffins,salads.We highly recommend all of their food,the prices are very reasonable too!

Pros: Selection, Quality, Price

Cons: Availability

Great place! - Edit

My mom and I stopped through here on vacation, based on recommendations through HappyCow. I'm really glad we did. Everything was great! This is mostly a takeout place for now. But the weather was great and they have a little outdoor sitting area, so we ate outside. We started with some veggie spring rolls. My mom had a wrap and I had a hot sandwich. We also shared a slice of cheesecake... sooooo good! It's in a cute little artsy section of town. Eric was really nice, giving us info about stuff to do in the area even though he was really busy! Great place to eat... support this cute local business; stop in and order something!

Pros: Friendly Staff, Excellent Food, Small Local Business

Best Desserts Ever! - Edit

I was about to say this place has the best vegan desserts but I thought about it and decided that they have the best desserts period. I've never tasted desserts like this before, vegan or nonvegan. Amazing.

Pros: fresh produce, whole wheat desserts, awesome people

Cons: seating area

Outstanding - Edit

I expected to find the food at Wildflower amazing since Melissa is an amazing cook and baker and I was not disappointed. The food was fresh and so flavorful. Eric was a wonderful host while I savored the perfectly-seasoned buffalo seitan wrap. I saved the spring rolls with peanut sauce for my very long drive home. The accompanying peanut sauce was the best I've ever tried.

I was kind enough to share the peanut butter cookies stuffed with chocolate buttercream with 2 of my kids and we couldn't even finish one. The portions on everything are enormous. I'm still eating the slice of mocha cheezecake. The caramel sauce that topped the cheezecake is one of the best tasting vegan foods I've ever eaten.

Melissa has outdone herself and I loved hearing that they have plans for further development. I hope the community discovers this hidden wonder.

Updated from previous review on Saturday May 07, 2011

Pros: Delicious food, Adorable location, Friendly owners

Cons: Long, long drive

only vegan restaurant in Southern New Jersey - Edit

Just picked up some food from here tonight. I'm very excited a vegan restaurant has opened up in this area as my fiance's family lives in the town and we visit there quite often.

The downside was that they were out of a lot of items. But I guess that's a plus for business. We picked up the thai curry coconut soup and some wraps, that the chef put together on the spot. The wraps contained lettuce mix, tomatoes, cucumbers, carrots, avocados, pecans, and cranberries. The wraps and the soup were very good. I look forward to trying other items. Will plan to go in earlier, as it seems like they run out if items later in the day.

We also picked up some cupcakes and they were extremely good! Moist and fresh and light! The chef also informed us that she hopes to be making pizza in the near future! I look forward to coming back and checking out other meals, plus the pizza.

Pros: friendly staff, healthy cuisine, tasty

Cons: small, only outside seating in summer

Return to Millville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wildflower Earthly Vegan Fare closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.