Wild Side Organic Bistro & Bar

( 1 review )
631-791-1800

1551 Montauk Hwy, Oakdale, New York, USA, 11769

Serves meat, vegan options available. Menu has organic pizza (no vegan cheese), veggie burger, lentil stew, kale salad, and markings for V or VE, which means can be made vegan or vegetarian. Owners know what vegan means.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Pizza, Italian, Organic, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Fusion, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by romeo

Great friendly place... - Edit

So we have been here 2x and so far hasn’t disappoint. Now I’ll be honest we were so impressed at their simple naan like tomato pizza that we ordered it both times (seriously this did not need cheese substitutes). It’s small so maybe with a side order it could be enough for 2 people. The pizza is pricey though, but I don’t know it was so great, we didn’t really mind.

They are vegan conscious and will be very clear about what is vegan or not, at least that was our experience both times. They did offer a vegan dessert if I remember correctly, it was wild rice pudding. I am pretty sure she said it was vegan. But we didn’t get it so I can’t say much about it.

The owners are very nice and I like the simple Southeast Asian feel to it. Very pricey, but has high quality ingredients and the menu does offer more vegan and veggie options other than pizza. I would still ask to make sure if it could be veganized and you have to tell them.

Just be aware they don’t use cheese substitutes so it may end up being plain and simple dish. Also check the hours before you head over there. I have no pictures because we ate the pizza so fast.

Not sure if the wine is vegan or not. Some may be annoyed that there are no substitutes, but I didn’t mind.

Pros: Good high quality food, Vegan options, nice owners, Vegan aware, Good atmosphere

Cons: Expensive , No vegan cheese substitute, Small menu

Return to Oakdale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wild Side Organic Bistro & Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.