Wild Rose

541-382-0441

150 NW Oregon Ave, Bend, Oregon, USA, 97701

Serves meat, vegan options available. Northern Thai cuisine restaurant. Has vegetable dishes, and kitchen is willing to modify a dish on request. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by VegFriends

How is this on Happy Cow? - Edit

First, I would like to say the customary "I would give it zero stars if I could."

Thank you.

Now that that's out of the way, my review:

I went with a party of 11, consisting of Three Vegans (including Myself), four Vegetarians, and four meat-eaters. It was a weekday dinner, but we were still seated fairly quickly. Off to a great start! I was also very happy to see that there were vegan options.

This is where things took a turn. There were two soups and two appetisers, which was fine. The problem was that there was only one dish that was vegan (when ordered with tofu), and many that *seemed* vegan had fish sauce in them.

Upon inquiring if any of said dishes could be made vegan, we were told (by a waiter who was a tad on the rude side, I might add) that removing the fish sauce would 'ruin the authenticity'. So basically, no.

(There are two vegan lunch entrees, but that didn't help because it was dinner).

Our group then decided that we should probably go somewhere else for dinner. We apologised to the waiter, who responded in a somewhat rude and sarcastic manner which we were not at all pleased with.

As you might expect, 11 people seated in the centre of a busy restaurant suddenly getting up and leaving for no apparent reason might cause some confusion. Once all of us were out the door, a woman asked us what was wrong, and we proceeded to tell her about being vegan and all that sort of thing. She said that she was sorry that we couldn't eat there as she quite likes it. Too bad the people working at the restaurant weren't as friendly as the customers.

OMG Love! - Edit

This is one of my favorite restaurants in bend, Oregon. The food is delicious with plenty of Vegetarian options and so reasonably priced. Very friendly atmosphere & friendly and fast service. Highly recommend.

Pros: Great food at a great price

not always vegan - Edit

Wild Rose's menu is fantastic, they do have a little v next to any dish that can be made vegan. I ate here when I was a carnivore and the food was always amazing and then when I became vegan I had to cut back on the dishes I could choose from which was fine but my last visit was disappointing. I ordered the vegan gang om, and I found a shrimp tail in my dish...no body, just a tail...what happened to the rest of him? How did just his tail end up in my food? I guess I have to advise others to be cautious when eating here.

Vegan Friendly Thai - Edit

Excellent vegan options, great flavors, friendly service.

Pros: Friendly service , Relaxed Atmosphere, Excellent Flavors and Spices

Photo of Wild Rose  by <a href="/members/profile/VegFriends">VegFriends</a> <br/>Curry Basil Noodle & Kabocha Curry - both vegan <br/> September 7, 2014  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/46449/79376'>Report</a>

Curry Basil Noodle & Kabocha Curry - both vegan

Photo of Wild Rose  by <a href="/members/profile/VegFriends">VegFriends</a> <br/>vegan tom kha soup <br/> September 7, 2014  - <a href='/contact/abuse/image/46449/79375'>Report</a>

vegan tom kha soup

Return to Bend Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wild Rose closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1962 times.