Wild Roots

Contact 888-935-8827

820 Gulf Breeze Pkwy (at Publix Shopping Center), Gulf-breeze, Florida, USA, 32561

Serves meat, vegan options available. Organic cafe also catering to vegetarians, vegans, and gluten-free. Offers salads, sandwiches, wraps, soups, and other nosh. Free Wi-Fi. 2016 relocated from 5 Via Deluna Dr Pensacola Beach.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by paulyvinci

3 times a day! - Edit

We literally eat here for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (plus a drop in for beach pop)! We are vegan and the staff is wonderful with accommodation (will even craft something special for you). The menu has meat options for your non vegan friends and raw options also. The ice cream is fantastic and their hand made beach pops free of dyes and artificial crap are just perfect for the beach. Small grocery section for hotel snacks! Great location right across from public beach access and Hilton on Pensacola beach. Lynn has a great little place here!

Pros: vegan and raw options, ice cream for days, hand made beach pops

Amazing food! - Edit

This is my new favorite place to eat on Pensacola Beach. I love the wraps and the hummus is out of this world!

Pros: Vegan options, Fresh ingredients, Friendly, accommodating service

Cons: Pricy, but worth it - it's the beach!

Vegan friendly! - Edit

This little hole in the wall was amazing! In an area surrounded by bars, grills, and seafood with no vegan options-not even salad-this place was a real find. They have great gluten free and vegan options. Even my meat loving family fell in love with their toasted pizza. They also have a small amount of bread, dairy-free milk, etc for sale.

I highly recommend this place. Five stars (cows)!!

Pros: Good food, Vegan options, Healthy and affordable

Great Place/Location - Edit

UPDATE!!

I HAVE BEEN BACK MANY, MANY TIMES SINCE MY LAST REVIEW AND THINGS ARE EXCELLENT!! I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND WILD ROOTS AND AM NOW ENJOYING THEIR SMOOTHIES REGULARLY.

I'VE BEEN VEGAN FOR 1.5 YEARS NOW AND AM JUST GETTING COMFY IN MY NEW SKIN, SO THE LACK OF VEGAN OPTIONS I MENTIONED IS PURELY DUE TO MY LACK OF CREATIVITY.

THEY HAVE GREAT LUCH SPECIALS AND THE SOUP IS FANTASTIC. PLUS ITS LOCATED ON THE MOST BEAUTIFUL BEACH IN THE US.

I LOVE THIS PLACE

3/8/14

Wild Roots has great potential. I love the location, the people, and the concept. They have all the ingredients a new Vegan is seeking. My suggestion is to create some specifically Vegan wraps. They will make something Vegan, but it would be nice to have something unique.

I had a large salad that was loaded, but hard to eat out of the giant stainless steel bowl. I have faith it will all improve.

I love Organic Pops and I was there when it was brand new. I am a beach regular and will go back and update my review.
Updated from previous review on Saturday April 13, 2013

Pros: Exceptional Variety of Ingredients, Organic Pops attached for Treat., Pensacola Beach

lcfosterhc Thank you so much for providing a review for Wild Roots. As an upstart, I cannot overstate the importance that word of mouth is to our success. We strive to exceed our customer's expectations and look forward to seeing you again in future. We are an organic food restaurant that is focused on health for everyone and hence our menus reflect diversity of choice. Having said that 1/4 of our salads are vegan and 90% are vegan when requesting no cheese or vegan cheese, or substituting the cheese for nuts, avocado, etc. There is also a CYO (create your own) Salad. In terms of sandwiches & wraps, our Californian is vegan and again there is a CYO Sandwich/Wrap option. Our breads and wraps are vegan. All of our noshes (hummus, tabouli, guacamole, couscous, etc) are vegan, as are all of our 7 soups. We also added a Pizzetta menu in the spring of this year and the Capri pizzetta is specially vegan with most others easily modified to vegan by requesting vegan cheese or no cheese. What you will note is missing from our menus is anything with soy or is soy-based as we are a soy-free facility. When you come back in please ask for me (I'm the owner) so I can ensure you are introduced all of our vegan options. We are also happy to serve your salad on a plate if that will be easier for you than eating from our signature salad bowls. Again, we really appreciate you having taken the time to provide us a review and we look forward to serving you soon. As we make some modifications to our menu boards over the next few months, we will incorporate your suggestion to add a couple more vegan sandwich/wrap options to the sandwich board. All the best, Lynne

Clean and Healthy in a SEA of junk foods - Edit

This places is AWESOME! Cleanest and healthiest food on in the GREATER Pensacola area. Great option to bring along your non-veg friends as they have something for everyone! I especially love their FRESH gluten free/soy free desserts - such an amazing gift for me. I love the outdoor seating overlooking the bay. Such a gem in an area filled with junk food. I wish there were more places like this on the planet. Thanks for all you do to support those of us who find it difficult to enjoy our OWN food lifestyles, outside of our home.

Great food, amazing options + incredible staff! - Edit

At the end of our vacation in the Pensacola area, we popped into Wild Roots. What an awesome menu! Fresh, organic food! Lots of options + yummy frozen treats for the kids and grown ups. They had a full case of gluten-free yummies. Wish we had stumbled upon it earlier in our vacation! They have banana-based soft serve and delicious fruit/veggie/vegan/dairy "beach pops". Check it out! :-)
Updated from previous review on Thursday May 30, 2013

Pros: organic, vegan + gluten free options, great kids' menu, gluten free fresh baked goods

VEGAN FRIENDLY! - Edit

There is an extensive menu of wraps, sandwiches, appetizers, soups, salads, drinks, smoothies, and desserts. The wraps, sandwiches and salads listed on the menu are not vegan, but I was told by the staff that everything can be made vegan. I had a California wrap, onion/ginger soup, and a vegan cookie. The food was really good. I'll go back again soon.

Pros: Organic, Great food, Many choices for vegan

Return to Gulf-breeze Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wild Roots closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2198 times since Sep 2012.