Wild Oak Cafe

818-240-0792

3111 E Chevy Chase Dr, Glendale, California, USA

Serves meat, vegan options available. Typical Southern California cuisine menu. Offers a breakfast burrito with tofu scramble, soyrizo, Daiya vegan cheese. At lunch a vegan veggie wrap and a portobello burger (ask for vegan). Open Mon-Sat 6:00am-7:00pm, Sun 8:00am-2:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by chobesoy

everyone I took here loved this place! - Edit

It's good enough that they serve healthier and vegan/ vegetarian friendly options. I disagree with the negative review on here because everyone I've been taking to this place with me loved it and specifically often even craved the dishes served here. I also love the convenient location which works very well for me.

Delightful but not worth a trip - Edit

This is a lovely cafe, nestled in a quiet and pretty area of Glendale; however, unless you're nearby already, it's not worth going just for the food. Yes, there are tasty meals, and foodie type treats, but it's for the omnivores. The breads are fantastic, and the sidewinder fries are excellent (like large crispy corkscrews) but otherwise, it's overpriced for what you get. After getting my order wrong (a rather sobering bite into sausage and bacon), they were really nice and apologetic and got my vegan burrito out quickly which I appreciated. Unfortunately, while there was the tofu scramble and soyrizo in there, it was mostly country potatoes, which made it very dry. It was also pretty small, making the $12 a hefty price tag. Thankfully, I had a lot of those fries to keep me content.
Omnivorous friends will enjoy the sandwiches -I hear the chicken was very good - the other breakfast burrito (which was eaten for me) got an "ok" but again, a bit too dry with all the potatoes in there. For the price you pay, you're enjoying an excursion to a nice area and a delightful cafe with a soothing outdoor setting, but the food isn't worth the trip alone. To make the trip worthwhile though, Donut Friend is about 15 minutes away.

Pros: ambiance, baked goods, delicious for omnivores

Cons: only one vegan option , overpriced

Return to Glendale Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wild Oak Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.