Wild Flour

• Veg-friendly
Contact 403-760-5074

101-211 Bear Street, Banff, Alberta, Canada,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Artisan bakery cafe. Bakery goods, ice cream, and usually a couple of veggie and vegan salads and sandwiches for lunch. Has gluten free.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by pfalvo

A few options - Edit

This place is pretty hit or miss for me. They're vegan options are very few, but all quite delicious, I particularly recommend the chocolate torte. However I've had service be pretty bad before, lots of mixing up orders and a particular cashier who's a bit short of patience. I'd also like to see more vegan options, as they clearly have the skill level to make them delicious.

Pros: Delicious dessert(s) for vegans , Cute location

Cons: Staff can be off putting , Few options

great coffee and some vegan baked goods - Edit

lovely cafe- great coffee and at least three vegan sweet baked items when we were there- granola bar, blueberry muffin and a dark chocolate torte. Worth a visit. outside seating area as well. and free WiFi.

Cons: closes at four pm.

Yummy vegan treats - Edit

I tried a decadent vegan chocolate cake/mousse creation when I was here, it was really good. The problem was finding a place to sit where I could eat it - the cafe is incredibly small and busy.

Pros: yummy treats

Cons: overly busy, very limited seating

Baked Goods for Days! - Edit

We didn't try any of the hot food, but did try one of every baked good they had that was both vegan and gluten free (its hard to find both so we wanted to take advantage!). Most were very good although some lacked flavor. We were excited to have so many options.

Disapointed - Edit

Not enough vegan options here. I tried to have lunch here And I guess the falafel in the veggie wrap has egg in it. The only thing to eat that's vegan is the quinoa salad and maybe the soup of the day... Depending. Very disappointed. Also I tried the vegan scone for breakfast and it was very dry and dense.

Cons: Not enough vegan options

Love it! - Edit

This was the place I kept coming back to every day of our vacation. Service is quick. Bistro-type food is outstanding.

They have a squash baguette that is vegan, made with curried basil hummus and spinach. Mouth watering delightfulness! When I went they had quinoa salad and beet salad, both pretty good. They also had vegetarian buckwheat crepes which I did not have a chance to try. Also for vegetarians is a Ratatouille sandwich and gourmet grilled cheese.

They also had some disgusting things on their menu like a Bison Baguette and a Pulled Pork dish. So there is room for improvement.

Parking can be a challenge during the high season.

Delicious vegan options - Edit

Inventive menu with vegan options and a yummy $10 lunch special; e.g. zucchini mushroom panini, spicy beet carrot soup and a fig anise cookie. Supports local artists with monthly showing on their walls. Get a hot apple cider or organic coffee and enjoy the cool people watching hang after a day skiing of taking the water in the local hot springs.

Pros: excellent food, healthy cuisine, unique options

Cons: closes early, popular, specials sell out

Great Bakery/Cafe - Edit

An unexpected find - great place to stop in. Vegan sandwiches to go or eat in. Bread. Fair trade coffee. Overall a great place to stock up for the traveler. We were happy we found it.

Pros: Great food, Friendly staff

Cons: Busy

Return to Banff Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wild Flour closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2498 times since May 2008.