Contact +49-6990436470

Berger Strasse 77, Frankfurt, Germany, 60316

Serves meat, vegan options available. Burger eatery with bar that's a partner of Slow Food Deutschland program. For each burger variety you choose one of 4 patties (beef, shrimp, vegetarian bulgur-spinach or vegan green spelt-almond). Has salads other snack foods that are vegan suitable. Free Wi-Fi. Opened in 2003. Open .

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Tofuschnecke

Yummy Burgers! - Edit

“Wiesenlust” is a burger restaurant, that also has several vegetarian and vegan burger patties and condiments on offer. You create your individual burger with your choice of patty and your choice of other ingredients. You can also get other snacks, salads, fries, fries made from sweet-potato, soups and stews and you can buy their patties for preparing them at home.
The burgers are delicious and imaginative, and the choices for vegans are very good.
Wiesenlust could get 4 Cows as a maximum, because they also serve meat. I reduce it to 3 Cows, because I think they are very expensive, or the burgers too small…

Bit on the pricey side - Edit

I took my big meat eating friend here last year, and I was excited for somewhere that might provide a nice plant based choice for myself and something to satisfy him, it's hard to find a resturaunt to please us both really!

I was excited to see a couple vegan choices on the menu (there were also some vegetarian) and a nice variety of toppings like avocado. I think i ordered the Grünkern burger, which itself was lovely but teeny tiny and about 7 or so euro, along with some sweet potato fries that werent very nice. My friend liked the lamb burger he got but wasnt amazed, and he ordered a large so it was more like 12 bucks. It took a long long time for the food to come out and it wasnt too busy in there.

Anyways, it was alright but what we ended up paying was enough to go for a posh meal, I probably wouldnt go back. But if you want to fork out a bit more for a better quality organic burger, this is a good place to go :)

Pros: labelled vegan options, funky toppings, organic

Cons: long wait, a bit pricey

Burger & fries vegan - Edit

Wenn man als Veganer in Frankfurt wirklich Bock auf Pommes & Burger hat, dann ist das die beste Anlaufstelle!
Allerdings sollte man immer genug Zeit mitbringen und die Bestellung sehr genau äußern!

Best Berger Burger Bar - Edit

Wow. What a true venue. You can see it in every detail, the inventors of WL bring all their credo in. At least, this is what I see when I am looking at the menue or take a look around the restaurant.

Everything is organic and seems handpicked - as if the owner would have decided to buy stuff for good friends.
Organic Pinkus beer from Münster, very nice and good gin, even organic tobacco and cigarettes, great lemonade, carefully selected vine, and, of course, really sophisticated burger (patties). There are also other good dishes on the menue, but, as this is a burger bar: Who cares???

The downside of this place? They serve meat, but the focus is on vegetarian und vegan options. This is also the potential - first of all, usually the carnivore has a rich choice of burgers.
Here, his first option is a meat patty. His second option two patties. This can be combined with about 10 different burger styles.

For the peaceful eater, Wiesenlust offers one vegetarian patty and usually 3 vegan patties and the 10 styles.

They also create four season specials per year, usually vegan and related to the locally available seasonal ingredients.

I have heard of several meat-eating friend, the Wiesenlust inspired them to order veg patties and that they were totally happy with their choice...

Unfortunately, Wiesenlust has to earn cow number five, as it only can be awarded for meat-free restaurants.

Pros: centrally located on berger str., great menue, top quality ingredients

Cons: no reservations

Nice Burgers - Edit

The vegan burgers are ok - I just don't really get the concept of rather healthy organic burgers, because if I want a burger, I want a fat fast food style burger. If I don't want that, I have something else altogether.

But still, the vegan patty tastes good (even though I would like a more "traditional" burger patty made of soy and wheat or something, as an option) and there are plenty varieties (with avocado, cole slaw, different herbs, fancy mayonnaises, ...). All the sauces/dips are vegan, too. The salad dressing isn't made with cow's yoghurt but with silken tofu. I really appreciate things like that!
The fries and sweet potato fries are also tasty. I'm not sure whether the onion rings are vegan, too. Another vegan option is Chili sin Carne, and they have vegan lunch deal, breakfast and kids meal options.

Pros: Many vegan options, Friendly staff

Cons: A bit expensive

Return to Frankfurt Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Wiesenlust closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1775 times since Mar 2013.