WieloPole3

Contact 506024767

Wielopole 3 (at Starowislna), Krakow, Poland, 31072

A small vegetarian restobar in underground Krakow. Serves Polish cuisine with an emphasis on fresh vegetables. Has raw and gluten free options. Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Raw, Beer/Wine, Polish

First Review by

yummy surprise - Edit

we were pleasantly surprise from reading the previous reviews - we scraped our plates! food was delicious and portion sizes were perfect we thought, although we did squeeze in a little sweet which was beautiful. place is cosy, staff were nice, plenty of vegan and GF options in this meat loving land and was cheap. Will be back!

Almost good - Edit

While traveling we went here with my friend with probably too high hopes. The service was quite bad because the waiters were behind the desk giggling loudly and staring at customers. They weren't as bothered to serve customers as they were about their phones. The food tasted delightful but the size was way too small in my taste, I left hungry searching for a store to buy some food afterwards.

Pros: Good tasting food

Cons: Service, Portion size

Better Than Expected - Edit

I'm a little surprised with some of the less positive reviews of this place, as I was quite impressed with it - perhaps I went on a good day. As others have mentioned, the interior of the restaurant is a little bland and soulless, but they have an English menu with a reasonable number of options, English-speaking waitstaff, and a two course meal with a drink for two people came to less than £10 (as with many of my reviews from Poland, I may be getting a little bit skewed by the incredible value for money the place represents to those of us from the northest of Europe).

For the food itself, I must admit that the soup of the day I ordered as a starter was a slightly bland, potato-dominated affair that could have used some herbs or spices to liven it up. But the main course, a 'cauliflower steak', as quite impressive - essentially, half an entire cauliflower, grilled to perfection, and topped with chips and a creamy but slightly tangy sauce. Presentation and taste were excellent, and I was stuffed to bursting by the time I finished.

All round, while it's not going to top any best-of lists anytime soon, I felt pretty pleased with what I got at WieloPole, and would recommend it to others visiting Krakow.

A bit disappointed - Edit

I was so excited to try WieloPole but was a bit disappointed. Our entrees were decent (vege soup and roasted betroot), the mulled wine was yummy, but the mains were small and flavourless. I'm not fussy, but it was a big disappointment to be served something so bland at such a promising restaurant. Also the menu didn't offer much variety for vegans. Lots of tofu and salad dishes. They could be a bit more creative! I didn't bother with dessert, but there was only one vegan option.

Pros: Good location, Nice drinks

Cons: Not much variety for vegans, Bland food

Needs improvements - Edit

This has potential but needs imporvements.
The menu is not short but most of the options are just boring. Some of them were not available when we were there which is a big con. The interior is not the nicest either.

I ordered raw zuccini tagliatelle with pesto and smoked tofu- very tasty and the price was good too. I was surprised with the taste because the whole restaurant did not make a good impression.

I won't visit any soon.

Pros: prices, tasty food

Cons: boring menu, ugly interior

Food - Edit

English menu available. Waitstaff spoke English. Several of the vegan options were not available the evening we were there. Food presentation was nice but taste was mediocre and too much oil in main dishes. Entree portion size was not large so next time I would order appetizer and soup.

Pros: Location, Vegan options!, Price

Cons: Oily, Full menu not available

fine restaurant indeed - Edit

Wielopole, at walking distance from Krakow Centre, has excellent food indeed, good wine and good beer. We were served by young girls, not very able to make the right bill. They did not charge enough, so we had to correct them to pay the things we had. I do not understand how they can exist, as there were only four guests here at dinner time. Drawback (mentioned also by others on this site) is that the restaurant is in a cellar, no daylight so a bit gloomy.

Pros: good food in great variation, good beer and wine, clean

Cons: no daylight

great choice (V/GF) super service but a bit blend - Edit

ive been there once while visiting krakow and got very excited as i have seen in the internet that in wielopole there is a great choice for gluten free vegans. indeed. i really like the choice - sophisticated main dishes and sups all in a great price! i have got a cabbage soup as a starter - very tasty and then a buckwheat bowls with beetroot and a salad - a bit too blend to my taste. the service was perfect - restaurant standard. i wasnt impressed by the interior - nothing special like a regular (boring) restaurant. i would definitely go back to check other dishes!

Pros: excellent service, great prices, many gluten free options

Cons: blend food, interior

Vegan heaven - Edit

If you’re looking for a more fine dining kind of [email protected] cooking, one of my favorites is Wielpole3 (which you’ll find at… you guessed it… Wielople street, 3). It doesn’t only cater for [email protected] but for raw foodists too! Though the food has a fine dining theme to it, the place very homely and the food is not pretentious. I loved the zucchini tagliatelle with Kale pesto, the barley juice with lavender syrup, the fruit Carpaccio, the buckwheat burger, pancakes (incredible) and the dumplings (asian not polish style – they’re the ones that are basically lightly cooked bread buns). We ate here twice.

Pros: excellent food, great value, friendly staff

Cons: underground

Delicious vegand and vegetarian food - Edit

Funky new restaurant (has only been open about 6 months) which is one of the only vegetarian/vegan restaurants in Krakow where you actually get table service. Very helpful and friendly waiter. Delicious food made fresh once you order. Even my meat eating husband enjoyed the food! Homemade smoothies and lavender/barley drinks are a highlight.

Pros: Fresh Food, Table Service, Good Location

Extravagant vegetarian cuisine - Edit

New place for vegan and vegetarian people in center of Cracow, 5 min walk from Main Square. Beautifully served fusion between modern healthy cooking and polish tradition. What's important affordable priced. I don't like tv set hanging on the wall.

Pros: tasty, fresh meals, close to the center & affordable, always something new in menu

One visit only, and yet: Total fail - Edit

I really hate to say it, since the owner was obviously going out of his way to do whatever he could to not let us walk out of this place in utter disappointment. He failed.

He repeatedly assured us, that this was a very bad day and many things have gone wrong (kitchen, staff, delivery etc.) - maybe that's true, they opened not too long ago, so there might be a lack of routine. But I have heard this way too many times to really care. He was bartending, taking orders, helping out in the kitchen, and serving ten people by himself (with his 6-year old son lending a hand occasionaly). Half of the menu wasn't available, which left us with only two vegan options for the main course. The soup was there immediately, but for the rest we had to wait for about 40 mins (nothing fancy, a burger and potato fritters). The result definitely wasn't worth the wait, though - mushy, luke-warm and insipid (I am pretty sure they didn't use any spices at all). The cocktail we ordered never arrived.

The lavender water was perfect, refreshing - and unfortunately the only good thing I remember about our experience at "Wielopole3". This is sad, because in a strictly formal sense it is one of Krakow's two true veggie restaurant (besides "Pod norenami") - only I am afraid it will not be around for much longer. Even if we chanced upon a bad day, the menu, the food quality, the atmosphere still don't allow for much hope and I would be (happily) surprised, if I were to read any positive reviews about this place 6 months from now.

I know that this text probably won't help, but this is about businesses, not charity. And this appears to be one poorly planned business.

Pros: Cheap

Cons: Tasteless food, poor service

Return to Krakow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has WieloPole3 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3703 times since Aug 2013.