Whyld Ass Coffee Shop

Contact 928-774-3523

121 E Birch Ave, Flagstaff, Arizona, USA, 86001

An eclectic vegan cafe and coffee shop with recycled or reused materials for furniture and decor. Serves breakfast and lunch, selection of baked goods. Many items are gluten-free. Opened Nov 2013 previously in Bisbee, and moved to Flagstaff in early-2015. Moved from S San Francisco in Feb 2016. Open Mon 8:00am-3:00pm, Tue-Thu 8:00am-8:00pm, Fri-Sat 8:00am-9:00pm, Sun 8:00am-3:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Organic, Take-out

First Review by amarello

Don't miss this place - Edit

A real pleasure from the first bite to the last. Friendly guy named Keith explained the menu of the day to me. Tasty creative food, a beautifull menu with a lots of choices and juices and cafe. The best moment of my day. Really honest prices too. The kind of place i would bring my omnivorous friends without hesitation.

Pros: Friendly staff, good music

Great place for Vegan food - Edit

We stopped to pick up some dessert for our dinner guests and ended up staying for a plate of Nachos with Jackfruit. The Nachos were great! We bought several different pastries and I haven't had a chance to try them all but I really loved the fig blondies and the chocolate peanut butter brownies were unbelievable. Wish we had a place like this in my hometown.

Pros: Lots of options on the Menu, The owner is friendly, knowledgable and helpful, Tasty food

Cons: none, none, none

What a find! - Edit

Had to take a 2 hour run to take my tractor for repair in Flagstaff. Found the restaurant on Happy Cow.
We were so impressed with the food that we eat here every time we are in Flag now and try something new each time. We are even going to take the 2 hour drive to have dinner on my hubs birthday.
The bakery section is dangerous ...we always seem to leave with a box of extra goodies.

Pros: Excellent food, Good selection on menu plus daily specials, Friendly staff

Best spot in Flag - Edit

Upon arriving in beautiful Flagstaff for the first time, I was ecstatic to learn about the vegan scene. I had a breakfast burrito and absolutely loved it. The atmosphere was fun and it was beautiful on the rooftop.

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-18

Pros: Large menu, Very cool location

Cons: Spotty Service, Small portions

This place is so delicious - Edit

OMG the presentation, the colors, the textures, and of course the flavors were out of this world. The service was charming and knowledgable about what was served. I've been a Vegan for three years now and this is the best food I've had. Thank you for the inspiration.

Pros: Food is all soy-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free, Food is delicious, flavorful, and so good, Service was excellent, very informative

Cons: Small shop, few tables and chairs, limited parking

Better than Gracias Madre! - Edit

Too bad this restaurant isn't in LA! My boyfriend and I took a short trip to flagstaff and ate here for breakfast 2 days in a row! Everything we have tried is amazing and the chef and staff are so friendly and welcoming. The food is so well thought out and beautifully presented! And not covered in oil which I love. Lots of deserts too and amazing lattes. This place should be jam packed every day!
Come to LA!

Pros: healthy, whole foods based

You MUST try this!!! - Edit

Amazing chef/owner. Amazing food! Amazing service. You can get vegan, whole food, plant based, no oil, GF. Go out of your way, if you must to eat here!! You won't be sorry! One of the, if not THE best vegan restaurants we've visited. I hope he franchises all over the Country and is a "WYLD ASS" success!!!!

AMAZING - Edit

Just drove through Flagstaff and stopped here, and I am so glad I did. I'm entirely whole foods plant based, and let me tell you, the food here was the best I've had anywhere. Ever. The deconstructed guacamole sandwich was fantastic. The menu is so expansive, it was all I could do not to order one of everything. The staff are really friendly and willing to explain anything. Everything is organic. They offer free taste samples, and have cookies, brownies, caramels, etc. for dessert. Seriously I could live and die here.

Pros: delicious food, not terribly expensive, friendly staff

Cons: none. seriously.

Not my type of food - Edit

I'm a vegan and didn't love what I got here. It was very plant-based. I mean everything tasted like veggies. It just isn't the type of food I like, but I can be a picky eater and others on here seem to really like it. I would've liked more beans in my quesadilla with soy cheese, but it tasted of only veggies. Everything seemed to be made from scratch which was awesome. There Mac was good, but it is also different than vegan Mac I've had. Overall, the people were very nice. They have tons of food options. I just wouldn't recommend if you aren't a huugee veggie lover.

Pros: Friendly Staff, Food made from scratch

Cons: Veggie flavor in everything

It was perfect! I want to live near there. - Edit

I visited on December 31, 2015 and I was a bit confused at first... I was fascinated by all of the sweets displayed that I didn't even notice the menu and was confused on what to do. I ordered the Cinnamon cake and a Roxberry Smoothie which was just soo delicious! I was going to order more but I was on a budget haha. I highly recommend this place if you love cake or smoothies. I have not tried any of the food on the menu but will do when I visit again. It is expensive but it's totally worth it! Although it was a bit dark, it was still perfect for me because that day it was cloudy and rainy. Anyways, the guy that took our order was super nice, really enthusiastic and very welcoming. So I love this Coffee Shop and is now my go to place every time I visit Flagstaff! Everything about this place is just perfect!

Pros: Delicious cake and muffins, Delicious Smoothies, Very welcoming

Love at first taste! - Edit

Loved this great vegan restaurant in Bisbee so we made a special trip to Flagstaff. They are better than ever. Eclectic, fun place with great music. Awesome food with great choices. They are still the best in our book!!

a blessing!! - Edit

after months on the road driving all over the US we have always been in a constant crave for good vegan food. after a few days camping and eating crap we made it to flagstaff and decided to give Whyld Ass a try. and holy cow they delivered. we both got the burrito and it was seriously one of the best burritos we have ever had and we live in NYC and are used to getting spoiled from amazing vegan food. this burrito wins all burritos hands down. we are going back for breakfast in the morning :)

Pros: awesome atmosphere , great prices all organic

Love this place! - Edit

I found WHyld off of HC and was excited to pass through Flagstaff last month. I had time constraints so had to grab the San Fran burrito for the road. It was original in flavors and ingredients, sweet potato hash, lentil sausage, etc. Crisped the tortilla and made it perfect to eat.

We're here again, using an excuse of looking for household goods, when the truth is, the food, vibe, and people make this place worth the 4 hrs drive from Vegas;) #homemade #whatveganseat #whatvegansdrink #organic #vegan #bakery #juicebar #lgbtq #flagstaff #az

Pros: Everything is vegan!

Cons: It's in Flagstaff instead of Vegas! No other cons!

incredible! - Edit

This food is so good that my husband and I ate here twice during our visit! We almost didn't go, because based on the Happy Cow description this place looked like a coffee shop with some prepared foods available, and I don't really care much for coffee. They have a full menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner though!They also have lots of smoothies and juices as well as adult beverage cocktails made with fresh juices. They have coffee too, each cup made one at a time when ordered. They have a display case with lots of pastries and to go dishes like quiche. We opted to dine in. For dinner we ordered a burrito and a build your own salad, both of which contained their heritage beans and their cinnamon coated sweet potatoes. Both meals were phenomenally delicious! So much so that we came back for breakfast and tried the biscuits and gravy, the pancakes, the scramble and a green smoothie. Again it was all wonderful. They put chlorophyll in the tap water, so it is green and looks neat! Everything is made from scratch and all natural, down to the sugar (they use coconut palm sugar). You leave feeling wonderful, full of delicious and nutritious food. I will look foreword to the day I get to go back!

My only complaint is that it's rather dark in the place, so at dinner without the help of outside light we could barely see our food or read the menu. Hopefully they get some more overhead lighting!

Sweet spot - Edit

Kind of has that anarchist vibe which can often be 50/50 in terms of how you are served but everybody we interacted with was very friendly and helpful and the food was good too. In fact we went twice in our impromptu stay because our vehicle broke down here

Fantastic food and great drinks! - Edit

The Vietnamese special was delicious, and the peach bourbon kombucha beer they sold was incredible. The smoothie, juice and ice chai were really good too, and we loved the chilled-out reused-furniture vibe. We went twice in 24 hours it was so good!

Is This Open? - Edit

Arrived at the location this morning at 6am. According to the HC info it should have been open. No signage outside on the building. Was definitely closed. Not sure if the place is still open at all. Was planning a nice breakfast there before getting not the road.

WORLD CLASS - Edit

I won't even insult this place with insufficient words to describe the poetry of their menu. Eating here should be on every vegans bucket list. Make the trip to Flagstaff, this place is worth it.

Funky, Cool, Cafe! - Edit

This is the coolest little cafe. I tried the Biscuits and Gravy. They were different from I'm used to. The biscuits were more course in texture and the gravy, although spicy and tasty, was of a thin consistency; not thick like southern gravies. Not bad, just different. I would love to return to try the lentil loaf that I saw on their menu. Awesome and friendly employees. Spacious layout and cool decor.

tip - You get a small discount if you use cash.

Pros: all vegan

Cons: street parking

Very Cool - Edit

This was a return visit. Still delicious and great atmosphere! Discovered the chlorophyll water this visit. Love it!

Pros: all plant based, cozy, casual atmosphere, Great service

Cons: I don't live closer!

Best Cafe Music of All Time - Edit

This eclectic, rustic yet stylish cafe is very large with diverse types of art. A huge space that's very comfortable with extremely friends staff and owners who go out of their way to connect with each customer. It double backs as a market promoting healthy communities and living throughout the entire business, from their menu to their promotion of local farm produce. The food was incredible and easily fit with my lactose and gluten free life style. The 80's pop/ rock music made my experience spectacular!

Pros: Healthy food , Amazing staff , Great smoothies and food

Cons: length of time to make food

Yum! - Edit

Such a charming place located in such a charming town! Their coffee is great & the banana bread was yummy - it had a twist of extra cinnamon in it which made it pleasantly different from your run-o'-the mill 'nana bread. I live a few hours away, tho anytime I am in the area again, I will be stopping by!

Pros: Vegan-run

Cons: Far away from my home city...

weird name but wonderful food! - Edit

Really, Really good. In a desert of BarBQ this lovely restaurant is a sweet oasis! Worth the stop

Pros: vegan and organic, earth conscious in resources , creative menu. especially sauces

Absolutely perfect coffee house & breakfast spot! - Edit

A few months ago I was devastated to learn that Poco had closed. What's a vegan to do in Bisbee? Answer - GO TO WHYLD ASS! Delicious food & coffee, friendly staff, reasonable prices, and eclectic (Bisbee-ish) atmosphere. We (2 vegans + 2 omni's) went for breakfast New Year's Day during their pajama party. They make their own almond milk and sunflower cream for their coffee, which is manual drip and delicious. We tried the rosemary biscuits and gravy, sweet potato quinoa hash, banana bread, and buckwheat pancakes. Everybody loved the everything, but I think we agreed the biscuits and gravy were especially outstanding (and I'm originally from KY, so I know this dish). Went back later for smoothies (delicious, whole vegetable and fruit) and fresh from the oven cinnamon rolls. Wish I had bought extra to bring home because the only bad thing thing about this place is that it's two hours from my house :-)

Pros: delicious, homemade milk & cream, reasonably-priced

Return to Flagstaff Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whyld Ass Coffee Shop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 5115 times since Nov 2013.