Whole Heart Provisions

Contact 617-202-5041

487 Cambridge St, Allston, Massachusetts, USA, 02135

Est. Sept 2015 a casual-fast vegan and mostly gluten-free eatery serving primarily bowls and sides with also juices and a few other items. Choose a bowl and your choice of base, including kale, brown rice & quinoa pilaf, jasmine rice or arugula. Sunday brunch from 10am-1pm. Order at the counter. Open Tue-Thu 11:00am-9:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-10:00pm, Sun 10:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Fast food, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by BostonVegan

Mix and match - Edit

Whole Heart Provisions offers a number of bowls where you can mix and match ingredients. We had the Seoul Bowl with pilaf and kale and the Mission Bowl with jasmine rice and kale.

The concept here is pretty simple (mix and match ingredients in bowls), but the food is really well done and the flavors come together nicely. We also got two sides, sesame shishitos and brussels, both of which were tasty. I'm keen to try the seared avocado next time I'm in the area.

Although everything was good, my enthusiasm is a bit tempered since I am still mourning the loss of Root, the vegan joint that previously occupied this building. It will take a bit more pizzazz for WHP to fill the shoes of its predecessor - I'm hoping that with a few more visits I'll warm up to WHP like I did to Root.

Pros: Healthy, flavorful

Delicious all-vegan restaurant - Edit

I came here on Thursday night for dinner, and again this morning to try out the Sunday brunch. The main menu offers a variety of really yummy food bowls that you can mix and match however you want. A healthy, fast, tasty meal. The Sunday brunch was a real feast. Two of us wound up eating 4 of the 6 main items, we just wanted to try it all because everything tasted so good. The grilled avocado taco had a great texture and was spiced just right. Pancakes, well, as a vegan I always appreciate when I can get a pancake and these were prepared with just the right amount of chewyness. The huevos rancheros came with a fresh salsa that offset the scramble and black beans very nicely. And the porridge was a bit hit. We'll be back, often!

Pros: food, staff, hours

Cons: music a bit loud for our taste

Return to Allston Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Heart Provisions closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.