Whole Foods Market

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 407-377-6040

1030 N. Orlando Ave (at Highway 423), Winter Park, Florida, USA, 32789

Large natural foods supermarket chain featuring fresh produce including organic, deli foods, juice bar, vitamins, care products, grocery, and more. Previously located at 1989 Aloma Ave, Nov 2016. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

First Review by vegan sunshine

friendly yet small - Edit

This is the only Whole Foods in the area and it is incredibly tiny! Of course they cannot offer everything that a larger store would have but the staff is very helpful if you need something they do not sell. Someone ordered an item they did not carry for me and now it is on the shelf!

Pros: friendly

Cons: very small, limited selection

Small Store - Decent Product Selections - Edit

We shop at this Whole Foods store often, there are not a lot of options that can directly compare to this store locally. This particular location is small and feels somewhat cramped and almost uncomfortable shopping when it is a busy day/night.

I will start with the produce department, as I said we shop here often and it seems like the last 6 months the produce, especially potatoes, onions, avocados, bananas, just go bad very quickly. If I had another organic produce shopping option, I would probably go elsewhere because of this issue.

The dry goods, canned goods, frozen foods, vitamins sections are really good, there are plenty of options to choose from in these areas. The beauty/personal products are as well very good items to choose from.

The deli/prepped foods I personally have no interest in trying, they are just not appealing to me. I have tried the very limited vegan items they have in the bakery and they are just OK, would like to see more vegan friendly items in this area.

The staff are usually friendly, there are a few persons who just never greet you or say anything, and then there are others who are very hospitable and make the shopping experience a little nicer.

Overall I give this store 3 stars, its just OK when it comes to location, and shopping experience.

Pros: Product Selection

Cons: Small Store, Cramped, Produce Not Always Fresh, Some Items Too Pricey

Great Store - Edit

I love Whole Foods! This one is the closest option to my house. They have a lot of vegan yummies down the isles and all that - but their bakery section unfortunately doesn't have any vegan cookies or sweets. Their hot food section didn't have too much either. Another review said they have vegan doughnuts, though, so I'll be looking more closely for those next time! A great store, overall, they fit a lot of products in a smaller location. Love shopping here as opposed to the closer places to me like publix.

Pros: Lots of vegan foods, Always fresh fruits, veggies, etc., Not too far away from me!

Cons: No vegan bakery items :(, Not much vegan hot food :(, Smaller than many Whole Foods

Contributions +29

Shopping not Stopping - Edit

Nice quaint little Whole Foods with a lot to look at in a small space. Good supplement selection in veggie caps. Lots of vegan goodies down the isles and in the freezer and refrigerated section, but the hot bar and cafe area had nothing for me except some roasted veggies. I was a bit disappointed. They do however have vegan donuts! Wanted some hot vegan eats though to enjoy in the big seating area outside.
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 11, 2011
Updated from previous review on Sunday December 11, 2011

Pros: Lots of vegan groceries, Friendly staff, Vegan donuts!!!

Cons: Cramped store, No vegan cafe food, No Earth Cafe raw "cheese" cake

A reason I moved to Winter Park Area - Edit

When deciding where to move in the Orlando area, we were drawn to Winter Park, because it had the only whole Foods market in the area at the time. Now there is one in Dr. Phillips as well. I do love the store. I wish that I could find a few more items and I wish they carried less "conventional" fruits and veggies and more of the ORGANIC. I do not like having to hunt for Organic items when I am browsing the food.

Pros: Good Food, Healthy Options, Frequent Samples

Cons: Prices are a bit high, Small

so much potential - Edit

Whole Foods could be better. The prepared foods are tasteless.

Pros: its a whole foods

Cons: prepared foods, meat meat meat!

Return to Winter Park Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 982 times since Aug 2007.