Whole Foods Market

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 0207-368-4500

The Barkers Building, 63/97 High Street, Kensington, West London, England, W8 5SE

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. This location is 3 stories tall, with food counters upstairs for eating-in. Stocks fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and more. Upstairs market cafe open for brunch from 10am on Sunday. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-6:00pm.

First Review by Jemima

Best Whole Foods in the world - Edit

This store is truly phenomenal. The largest of all Whole Foods stores, it has everything a health enthusiast could want!

Pros: Huge selection, Good restaurant inside store, Great pressed juices

Cons: Can be overwhelming!

Best Whole Foods I've ever been to! - Edit

Seriously, best Whole Foods I've ever been to. Three floors, the top of which is all food, with a nice big eating area. My partner and I mostly frequented to stock up on snacks and breakfast for our hotel. We both got the house made vegan yogurt parfaits a lot. They only had one vegan muffin in the bakery, but it was really good!

Pros: Lots of ready made vegan goodies , Three floors , Nice eating area

Cons: Only one vegan muffin

Found less vegan stuff than expected - Edit

I came here on a business trip, quite in a hurry I admit and with limited time, and I wanted to buy a bunch of vegan items I could store in my hotel room for a few days. I was quite disappointed when I asked a staff member in the bakery for vegan items and all I got was a muffin (or was it a cupcake?). I asked another staff member for vegan items which I could store without a fridge for a few days and he could only point me to some perishable things like salads. There was also a vegan stuffed pancake which sounded nice, unfortunately it was already not as good anymore when I tried to eat it next day and I decided to throw it away. Either there were really not too many items or the staff did not know (bread, biscuits, spread, pudding, cake, crackers...).

I guess I am quite spoiled by the Whole Foods Stores in the US where I never had problems to fill my bags with all sorts of vegan items, even not having the time to read all the ingredients and without knowing any of the products.

The quinoa salad I bought was quite nice.

Whole foods market - Edit

It has a lot of vegan options: different breads, rolls, chia puddings, smoothies in a bottle, fresh almond milk in a bottle, pre-packed salads, cupcakes, tarts and much more.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday September 03, 2014

Pros: Vegan choices

Cons: Sweets can be expensive, Closing time is at 6

Huge store - Edit

This really is a huge store with lots of vegan choices. It was a bit too busy for me, though, so I didn't really enjoy the experience, although I would certainly go there again, maybe just not in the middle of the day.

Pros: Lots of vegan choices, Good location

Cons: Too busy

Love that store! - Edit

That Whole Foods was amazing. Great location, tons of vegan options (bread and pastries, sandwiches etc...)
We found vegan D3, vegan chocolate hazelnut spread, yummy treats to bring back home. If I lived in London I would shop there.
As a bonus, Saf (vegan restaurant) is on the first floor so you can shop and eat in the same visit!

Pros: Tons of vegan options, Saf restaurant

Cons: Expensive

Not many organic options - Edit

I was surprised to find there want a larger selection of organic products. I can only really compare it to the Whole Foods selections they have in Canada. There were, however, LOTS of junky-type foods available. Dangerous to be in there too long. Although they do have three floors, and lots of conventional products, it seems like the store is a matter of Quantity over quality. If it's not organic, I am not interested!

This is vegan heaven! They label what is vegan at the chocolatier and they sell vegan flavoured marshmallows. They have a huge vegan fridge food section (labelled) and so many vegan products like make-up, laundry powder, etc which are cleared marked vegan on the packaging.

Worth visiting - Edit

This one is indeed the largest heath food supermarket in London. It is really nice, but the prices are higher than in other organic stores in London.

Pros: Very spacious

Cons: Quite expensive, They sell meat

Best Whole Foods in London - Edit

The WFM Kensington is huge and stocks a great diversity of products, including a vegan selection of Reedwoods, Viana, Cheezly (lots of them!), Vegusto... The fresh produce section is so colourful and attractive it is difficult to resist buying more than you need!

Nearly anything you could ask for - Edit

I have never been to such a big Organic supermarket before and even though I rather enjoy small shops I kind of liked it there. I really liked that there were so many raw products such as ice cream, wraps and more and that you can buy loose rice, noodles, coffee and more and fill it into a paper back and thus save plastic packaging. We should have something like that in Germany.
However, I searched in vain for spreads and patés to put on bread. Here in Germany, every organic shop offers a wide range of these and they taste like cottage cheese or similar. The only paté to be found in the UK is bland tartex stuff..

Cons: masses of meat

Just like home - Edit

Finding a Whole Foods here in London is fantastic for a US native. The layout is wonderful and the selection is grand. I have to remember that the prices are in GBP though, lol. During my visits, the staff were very friendly and helpful, very much the Whole Foods standard. If you are walking down Kensington High Street, stop in and enjoy.
~peace, love, light

Pros: great selection, friendly staff

Supermarket! Has great bread - Edit

Supermarket with loads of organic products. Bakery with the best bread I have found in London so far. There is a specific baby products section too. Slightly expensive, although there are specials which can be good and the Fresh and Wild house products are good value (Fresh and Wild have the same owners).
There is a food court upstairs with loads of different types of food and a bar. There was really yummy mint and apple lemonade at the drinks counter closest to the entrance of the food court when I went.
When I was crossing the street my shopping bag broke and jars started rolling around on the road. Someone saw me that worked at WFM and apologized on their behalf saying they should have bagged better. He requested to see the receipt and checked the code of the person who served me.

Pros: Pretty good bread, good range, food court you can sit down in

Cons: masses of meat, slightly expensive

Return to West London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2619 times since Jun 2008.