Whole Foods Market

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 614-481-3400

1555 W Lane Ave, Upper Arlington, Ohio, USA, 43221

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli food, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and more. Previously located in a different location on W Lane Ave. Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm Open daily.

First Review by keillorandel

Love that we have one close! - Edit

Whole Foods gets a bad rap for being too expensive, but I feel like you just have to know what to buy there! They have great red pepper hummus, an amazing selection of kombucha. Their salad bar is a bit pricey, but you have to look at it as you're eating out! And you get to select a little variety platter! Their garlic raw vegan kale salad is my absolute favorite!!! It's just toooo good! I make my own inspired rendition at home now with red quinoa. Their corn muffin salty carmel cupcakes are amazing too!!! But I've only had them once...I asked when they'd have them again and they told me that they were one of the most popular, but that they didn't know if they were going to bring them back or not which was a little confusing and they haven't had them since (or at least have run out every time I am there :( ) I also think it's pretty cool that they have a wine chiller! You can buy a bottle of white wine for a party and have it chilled while you finish your grocery shopping! Too cool! They also have an amazing selection and price on Dr Bronners soap!

Pros: Amazing Food Selections, Great Variety and Price of Dr. B's Soap

Cons: Expensive

Whole Foods - Edit

Whole Foods is a decent place to find vegetarian and vegan foods. It is a little expensive, but usually the quality is good. They have a big salad bar and the ingredients for each item are usually listed. But beware! I've spend $16 on a single salad there (I believe it's around $8/lb). They almost always have vegan cupcakes and muffins at the bakery (these are not great. Pattycake is better). The deli has things like General Tso's "chicken". There is also often a small Indian buffet, which I've never tried. Of course, in the grocery section you can find specialty items like vegan cheese, yogurt and frozen desserts and there is a bulk foods section.

Fantastic Find! - Edit

This place is well worth the trip for brunch! It is tiny and located in a long strip of equally unimpressive shops, but the food is magnificent. Our brunch- with veggie sausage!- was absolutely perfect. It was crowed, as you would imagine a place this good would be, but so worth it once we took one bite of our pancakes. Light, fluffy, with clusters of blueberries- these were really exceptional. This place also offers really great juices! They had bakery items from pattycake (vegan bakery down the street) too. They were preparing soups when we left and they smelled amazing. The service is the one glitch here. They don't seem to designate tables to specific servers, but rather have some collective process of serving customers. Ideologically nice as that may be it means service is sporadic at best. I stared at the bottom of an empty coffee mug for far too long. They are too busy for an informal service plan to work.

Pros: fantastic food, pancakes

Cons: service is spotty, busy

Return to Upper Arlington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 542 times since Aug 2007.