Whole Foods Market

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 908-688-1455

2245 Springfield Ave, Union, New Jersey, USA, 07088

Large natural foods supermarket chain. Stocks fresh produce including organic, nutritional supplements and vitamins, deli and juices, eco-friendly household products, personal care, and much more. Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm

First Review by Ethan

Disappointing - Edit

This is the closest health food place to my home, so I have no choice but to go here, but the service isn't always great. Most of the cashiers and deli people act like they hate their jobs. I try to go on the lines when I see Tameka or Jamie because they are SUPER employees; as for the rest, I can't say much. One pro is the 365 brand that is very reasonably priced. Also happy about many of the sales. I just wish they would hire more people who are passionate about health rather than those who have the "it's just a job" attitude. The world needs more good old fashioned customer service. Shopping here frequently is making me jaded :(
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 01, 2012

I'm updating my review to say I will NEVER go back to this store again. Today I politely told a bagger not to make the bags too heavy and she barked at me: BAG THEM YOURSELF!

Ewww!! I'm too classy a lady to shop in this trashy facility. That was rock bottom to me. Never again!

Pros: Lots of sales, Good parking, Tameka and Jamie are the best!

Cons: Bad service from most cashiers/deli, Managers Don't Care, Overall bad vibe

Their Restaurant, OSTERIA, is a Vegan Haven - Edit

I don't think I need to tell you how wonderful Whole Foods is a market/chain that supports local farmers, sustainable farming, and an enormous variety of cruelty-free food options for vegans and vegetarians. Given all of this, I'm still surprised that it took me so long to venture into their on-site restaurant, OSTERIA. Boy am I glad I did!

They have LOTS of vegetarian and vegan friendly options on their regular menu. Their Tofu Cacciatore which is served over spaghetti squash is to die for! They have a wide array of salads, veggie sides and a wonderful Mediterranean Pizza (with tofu on top!) which is all just wonderfully fresh and appetizing.

Like most things at Whole Foods, it's not cheap. But with food, you get what you pay for. Especially at The Osteria!

Pros: Vegan and Vegetarian Option, Friendly, quick service, Clean, warm athmosphere

Cons: Slightly pricey

Return to Union Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 695 times since Aug 2007.