Whole Foods Market

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 636-527-1160

1160 Town and Country Crossing, Town And Country, Missouri, USA, 63017

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot foods, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm.

First Review by SynthVegan

MUCH better than Galleria location - Edit

This Whole Foods store is a totally different - as in, positive - experience from the Brentwood location. This store doesn't trigger claustrophobia, because the aisles are wide and no one elbows anyone else out of the way. The employees AND customers are actually friendly and courteous, unlike the Brentwood store. This location is also much better-stocked, and has more vegan options (like the Hazelnut Cutlets in the deli section!).

Pros: Friendly, Helpful, Well-Stocked

Cons: Expensive

Impressed - Edit

In comparison to the other whole foods market in St.Louis this store is much, much easier to get around in. There's wider isles and seemingly more stuff. The girl behind the deli counter was a vegan and she was very helpful at suggesting items and telling me what was available. They even had vegan cheese pizza with some kind of faux meat. The bread was pretty stale, but it was the end of the day so I can understand.
I thought the staff was very friendly and welcoming-even 15 minutes before closing time!

Pros: vegan pizza, lots of stuff , nice flow

Cons: needs more vegan options , vegan tags for deli meals, dessert breads

The nicest and most helpful staff Whole Foods has - Edit

We are always shocked when we go in here. There are kind nice and helpful staff asking us if we need any help, chatting, with us, just general awesomeness. Its a far cry from the Brentwood location where its tough to find anyone when you need them. My only complaint is that sometimes they forget to turn the sign on and I don't think people realize its there or open. Maybe its for power savings, but other than that, this is the best place to shop in St. louis.

Pros: most helpful staff EVER, super friendly

Good addition to West County Landscape - Edit

Although I'm extremely thankful to have something closer to home for my vegetarian needs, I must admit that I prefer the Galleria store to Town and Country. This store seems more geared to lifestyle types, than the Galleria with it's luxurious pre-prepared food stations and large dining area. Additionally, they don't carry some of the more strictly vegetarian oriented items as the Galleria store. I wrote them a couple weeks back to request they carry a specific item and never heard back.

However, the staff are always friendly and smiling. Plus, they tend to not run out of sales items like the Wild Oats in Clayton often did. Overall, it is a oasis in the often vegetarian barren landscape of West County.

Pros: quick, accessible, friendly

Cons: bulk section small, lacking same items as sister store, too big

Tucked away in the Country - Edit

It's a little tricky getting to this location if you're unfamiliar with the area; it's easy to pass up. I've come from different directions each time I went and still can't remember how I got there. Nonetheless, it's a big and beautiful store. As soon as you walk in you immediately notice how nice, neat, and organized everything is. Very spacious, clean, and yuppie (if I dare say so) - but in a good way! :) There are several different places to sit down and eat or drink while enjoying free wi-fi. I didn't eat off their buffet, but the food all looked new, fresh, and replenished. Their products seem to differ from the Whole Foods by the Galleria. Seldom have I been able to find the same grocies at each store. But each has good things to offer.

The bakery at this one didn't have any of the vegan desserts that I've seen at the other location. As a matter of fact, a couple of times they had no vegan dessert (GASP!). Once they had some Whole Food brand sugar cookies, which were quite delish.

I didn't some of the same vegan options in the fresh food case either. Granted, I do know that they don't have the same thing everyday, so maybe some of those items would be available on a different day. I did ask about the BBQ Vegan burger and the guy behind the counter wasn't very friendly or helpful. He said that he'd never heard of it; he also didn't bother to ask anyone else, or to care for that matter.

I still like the store though.

Pros: clean, spacious

VERY NICE new Whole Foods! - Edit

I checked out this location the other day and came away impressed. It reminded me of the flagship location in Austin, TX. They sell some clothing here among other things. I found the best Vegan Lasagna here too [sorry can't remember the brand name]. The only complaint I have is it seems more corporate and some people didn't exactly know what Vegan totally meant...weird. Anyway, great new store, and I'm happy to be a 5min drive from a Whole Foods now!!!

Return to Town And Country Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1516 times since Jul 2008.