Whole Foods Market

• Health-food-store Health Store
818-578-7840

18700 W Ventura Blvd (at corner of Yolanda), Tarzana, California, USA, 91356

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot food bars, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, a wine & tapas bar, fresh baked breads, and more. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-11:00pm. Open daily.

First Review by Sonja and Dirk

Yet another Whole Foods Market - Edit

Someone once had told me that this was supposed to be the biggest Whole Foods Market in the U.S... and while it was very large, it's not the biggest. I think I've been to bigger ones elsewhere (Venice, Seattle).

Anyhow everything glistened and shined. Very large assortment of goodies, very long isles, well-stocked shelves. Food and things.

Extensive food area. I was impressed to see that at the hot food bar, the vegan items are in a section to itself, and labeled as such. The salad bar is labeled as "organic" which is nice, but there were no sprouts of any kind on offer.

My husband and I got some stuff from the hot foods bar, a slice of vegan pizza, and a made-to-order veggie loaf sandwich (Field Roast brand). We noticed that the cooks make everything on the same grill/pans as the meat stuff. The pizza crust bottom was burnt (black-ish). It was not a good meal this time, but we'll order some other stuff next time.

Pros: large selections of everything, lots of natural and healthy stuff, beautiful and spacious

Cons: expensive

Don't miss the bar! - Edit

This is my new place for business meetings in the valley. They have a nice bar with great beers on tap. I really appreciate how Whole Foods keeps trying new ideas out with new store formats and they aren't all the same thing!

Pros: there's a bar!

Cons: underground parking

Large, new and clean - Edit

After having dinner at Madeleine's across the street, we decided to check out this location for a few items we needed to get. First off, it's all new and it's clean, but I was a bit disappointed by the size of the produce section. For a larger store, I thought it would have been bigger. And my problem with any WF is that they always put the produce right next to the fish and meat sections where you can see and smell it. Anyways, the rest of the store was well stocked and had all the vegan items we were looking for. The deli area was extensive. Overall, a nice location.

Pros: New and clean, all the usual vegan stuff, large deli area

Cons: relatively small produce section, sells meat, dairy and eggs

Return to Tarzana Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.