Whole Foods Market - Scottsdale Rd

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 480-515-3777

7111 E Mayo Blvd, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, 85054

Part of large natural foods supermarket chain. Has fresh fruits and vegetables including organic produce, deli and hot food bars, vitamins, supplements, personal care products, grocery, and much more. Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm

First Review by SynthVegan

Alice in Wholefoodland - Edit

Can't visit this location often because it's so far out of bounds, but the first couple of visits put me in a whirlwind of confusion.

I'd never been that confused in a Whole Foods before. They had aisles going longitudinal, some going latitudinal, the bulk foods were in between, there was a burger bar in the middle of the store. Huh?

Where were the candy bars?! What the heck was that crap in the hot deli bar?

At checkout, the cashier must have spent at least ten minutes on the 'com with someone working in produce in order to get the price of some tangerines.
Cashier - "Is the tangerine bin outside?"
Me - "Nooo, it's inside where all the citrus fruits are."
Cashier - "What are they called again?"

Ay yay yay!

Through all of that though, the produce quality is usually up to Whole Foods par. Only one disappointment when I bought some luscious-looking peaches only to get them home and find every last one of them was brown. I think they may have gotten frozen on their trip from...(I don't remember, but obviously it wasn't anywhere local)

Pros: Usually fresh produce, Organic labels, Some locals produce available

Cons: Canola oil distributor, Over-priced, Rare sales and discounts

The Fairest in the land... - Edit

That is how I feel about this Whole Foods. I've never seen so many vegan options. I nearly wept. Here are some of the "new to me" vegan items I've found.

In the frozen section:
Vegan fish fillets
Vegan shrimp
Vegan "chicken" tikka masala
Vegan taquitos (in like 5 different flavors)
Vegan crab cakes
tons of veggie burgers, vegan meals, and other veg items

Refrigerated section:
Vegan chorizo taco "meat"
Vegan honey mustard
Vegan tartar sauce
Vegan ranch salad dressing

Vegan "Bac-Un" bits

At least one featured vegan cupcake every day
An assortment of vegan chocolates (including vegan turtles!)

Fresh food case:
Many vegan items. My favs thus far are their potato salad, "chicken" Sonoma salad, & Japanese Udon spicy noodles.

If you are in the PHX area, THIS is the WFs you want to call home.

Pros: Enormous vegan selection , Great location, Friendly cashiers

Cons: Whole Foods in N Scottsdale = expensive

Whole Foods - Edit

This is the best Whole Foods I've encountered in Arizona. It's quite large and reminds me of both the flagship Whole Foods as well as the WF location in Chicago. I was pleased to see the new Beyond Meat offered at this location. I was fortunate to get the "chicken" salad, which was quite good. This location also had some artisan chocolates made by XAN which were amazing.

Really Nice Whole Foods - Edit

This is one of the best Whole Foods I've been into. They always have a lot of local vegetables. And these days that is really all I want to eat. Their prices are pretty good on most things. But something like bell peppers, wow, too expensive. They have a coffee bar where you can get juices and smoothies as well as a great wine section. I am sure to stop in to this WFs whenever I have the chance and I need to do some shopping for produce.

Pros: selection, local, some decent prices

Cons: some high prices

Return to Phoenix Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Whole Foods Market - Scottsdale Rd closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1643 times since May 2008.